• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charles Tyrwhitt Reviews and Fitting

az64q

Reaction score
I figured that it was a glitch. But I went in thinking if it gets cancelled it gets cancelled, no big deal.

It was surprising to see that they wouldn't accommodate. They're usually very helpful.

SHS

Reaction score
Does anyone know where one can find the current valid offer codes for the UK site?

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Yep, I got the call as well. Should have known the deal was too good to be true. Still, it would have been nice if they had honored it anyhow since it was their mistake. I kept the original deal of 4 shirts for $199 plus a free tie. Although I know there are better deals to be had with CT, I need the shirts, and I still think they're worth it at 50 bucks a pop, and the free tie sweetens the deal a tad.

GHo

Reaction score
There's a CT groupon right now too

allysan1027

Reaction score

There's a CT groupon right now too

Limit 1 per person, meaning you can't buy 2 of the $100 groupon's to take advantage of the 4 for 199 deal right?

I guess it's good if you can find shirts on clearance that you like, otherwise not such a great deal

edit: not available on clearance shirts, regular ones are 69$ so not a good deal at all

Last edited:

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The problem with the 4 for $199 offer is that there was a flyer in the Wall Street Journal offering 4 for $160. I've been a customer of Tyrwhitt's for ten years, and while I've never had a complaint about the quality of their suits, sport coats, shoes, shirts, or knitwear--in fact, I think that it's all very good value for the money when truly on sale--I'm not about to pretend that I was born yesterday and pay a higher rate than a random subscriber to a conservative newspaper.

biged781

Reaction score
Well, just got my first order. For the price they seem like a good value. The extra slim is, as was said, not all that slim. A bit more slim than a brand like David Donahue's slim fit. It is slightly tight in the back when I put my arms completely forward, not a big deal. I'm going to wash one and see how much it shrinks.

allysan1027

Reaction score

Well, just got my first order.  For the price they seem like a good value.  The extra slim is, as was said, not all that slim.  A bit more slim than a brand like David Donahue's slim fit.  It is slightly tight in the back when I put my arms completely forward, not a big deal.  I'm going to wash one and see how much it shrinks.

If CT ESF shirts are not slim enough for you, then it's your body type that's strange, not the shirt.

Not sure where else you can find good quality shirts for ~40 bucks each that's slimmer.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If CT ESF shirts are not slim enough for you, then it's your body type that's strange, not the shirt.

Not sure where else you can find good quality shirts for ~40 bucks each that's slimmer.
Or you are getting the shirts with too large a neck size. You should only be able to get 2 fingers inside your collar comfortably.

Last edited:

NefariousSabatour

Reaction score

lol no.

BB ESF is much, much better and even those could be a tad slimmer. the fabric of CT is fantastic for the sale price, but the fit is horrible.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

lol no.

BB ESF is much, much better and even those could be a tad slimmer. the fabric of CT is fantastic for the sale price, but the fit is horrible.

I really have to disagree with the fit comment. I don't doubt your experience but it's worth noting that fit can be a very personal thing. I find BB ESF to be a bit too tight in the chest and armholes and to not fit as well in the waist as CT ESF. I am not sure exactly why this is, but it can't hurt the average person to try both and see which one fits better.

Agree that the fabric is pretty solid for the sale price. BB ESF is a bit tougher to get in the $40-$50 range in my experience. YMMV.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Not sure I can agree about BB ESF, though it may depend on the size. For size 16, CT ESF is slimmer than BB ESF (this is confirmed by the sizing charts). Below 16, I think the fit swings the other way: BB is slimmer than CT. I can't seem to find the BB sizing chart anymore though.

For those of you that find CT not slim enough, try TM Lewin. I got a TM Lewin fully-fitted, and it is way tighter than either BB or CT. I was able to button it, but there is no way I can wear it.

NefariousSabatour

Reaction score

Not sure I can agree about BB ESF, though it may depend on the size. For size 16, CT ESF is slimmer than BB ESF (this is confirmed by the sizing charts). Below 16, I think the fit swings the other way: BB is slimmer than CT. I can't seem to find the BB sizing chart anymore though.

For those of you that find CT not slim enough, try TM Lewin. I got a TM Lewin fully-fitted, and it is way tighter than either BB or CT. I was able to button it, but there is no way I can wear it.

thanks for the tip. and yeah, i'm a 15, so that must be it.

archibaldleach

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
With the British Pound where it is (around $1.52), it may pay to look at the CT UK website. Their 4 for 100 GBP deal looks pretty good. Shipping will be in GBP instead of USD, but you should still be able to save a decent amount.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads