• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charles Tyrwhitt Reviews and Fitting

az64q

Reaction score
I just went through the motions again. Still works.

Make sure you're using the link that is currently in that spoiler above. It's one of those links that transforms into something else when you click on it. It should be www.ctshirts.com then a slash then a code with numbers and all-caps letters.

If that still doesn't work try clearing out your browser's cookies and cache, and/or using an incognito browsing mode.

Last edited:

mingus2112

Reaction score

hasn't worked for me from the beginning.

what browser you guys using.

Chrome - Worked for me. Added 4 shirts (only ones marked 4/$199) and then it popped up asking me to add another shirt. Added another shirt and all shirts dropped to $20.85. Went to checkout and it said i was entitled to a free item. Showed me 6 ties, picked one, price didn't change. Done and done!

I was thinking of this as my 1st shirt to buy from this CT.  Is this good as 1st shirt?

http://www.ctshirts.com/men's-shirt...FD076WHT|||||1862,4363,222,492,||16,|35,|||||

I have that shirt and actually just ordered 2 more. It's a great basic white shirt. I get a lot of use out of it!

-James

cuts

Reaction score
thanks so much for replying to me. I just ordered 4 whites and one white casual. Next time I order from them I will get a light blue and try another color.

Which other colors you have, i'm looking to build basics right right now.
thanks again.

SidewinderX

Reaction score
Yep, the CT 'extra slim fit' is definitely slimmer in the chest, shoulders, and arms compared to 'slim fit'. It's annoying that they changed the measurement chart to show "fits chest size" instead of the actual garment chest measurement, as it used to. And I agree that the overlay diagram of the three fits is completely useless and misleading.

Will also concur with this -- I have both the slim and the extra slim (formerly "tailored fit"). The extra slim fit is absolutely tighter in the chest than the slim fit.

cuts

Reaction score
i got the extra slim, hopefully its not to slim. I"m 6' 182 and neck 16 and waist 32.5 inches.

They have a store in DC, so if they don't fit I will just return there, hopefully I can do that and then get regular slim, if extra slim is to small. You guys think I can do this?

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i got the extra slim, hopefully its not to slim. I"m 6' 182 and neck 16 and waist 32.5 inches.

They have a store in DC, so if they don't fit I will just return there, hopefully I can do that and then get regular slim, if extra slim is to small. You guys think I can do this?
If you have the receipt, you should be able to exchange in-person in the store. I have done this in the NYC stores. The only problem you may have is that they will take your return, but only credit your account. If you want another shirt, you may have to buy it, and it won't be $20. Your best bet might be going in with no receipt and trying to exchange.

I do think they will fit you though. I am 5'7" and 180 lbs, and I wear a size 16 ESF, and it fits fine. Did you order size 16 neck?

cuts

Reaction score
yes, I ordered 16 neck. Ok, crossing my fingers, Gee, i'm tempted to order 4 more and get some additional colors. I ordered 4 white and one casual white, since I"m just building my wardrobe . What other colors do you have or suggest, i think a light blue would be nice and a pink and a gingham.

az64q

Reaction score
If you have the receipt, you should be able to exchange in-person in the store. I have done this in the NYC stores. The only problem you may have is that they will take your return, but only credit your account. If you want another shirt, you may have to buy it, and it won't be $20. Your best bet might be going in with no receipt and trying to exchange.

I have found that going through the brick & mortar stores doesn't get you the best deals, and returns are stricter. I ordered a shirt online and wanted to exchange it for a different size at one of the NYC stores just for quickness. I couldn't do a simple swap because they said the online and in-store systems are separate. I would have to return it, my credit card would be refunded, and then buy the correct size. But there was a price difference so I would have lost a few bucks. I was surprised because online/over the phone the customer service is fantastic.

I waited a couple of days and went to a different location hoping to catch someone who would accomodate. They said the same thing, but also pointed out that I was then past the return date on the receipt and couldn't do it anyways. So i just used the free shipping label included in the box and swapped it out that way.

Last edited:

Quadcammer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
yeah, this deal still doesn't work for me.

5 shirts, 1 tie, $248

az64q

Reaction score
Got a call from CT customer service...

They explained it was a system glitch and wouldn't honor the $119.10 price. They would do the 4 for $199, and still do a free shirt and tie. So the total would be $213.95 shipped. I just cancelled the order, price per shirt at that point is much higher than their clearance sales and other deals.

msulinski

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Got a call from CT customer service...

They explained it was a system glitch and wouldn't honor the $119.10 price. They would do the 4 for $199, and still do a free shirt and tie. So the total would be $213.95 shipped. I just cancelled the order, price per shirt at that point is much higher than their clearance sales and other deals.
So I guess the rest of us can be expecting an email indicating that the order won't be going through?

Flyswatter

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Well that's disappointing to hear. If it was a screw-up on their end, they should honor the deal anyway.

heldentenor

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That's disappointing and somewhat surprising; usually companies of their size accept the mistake and treat it as a "bank error in your favor." My order processed and my CC appears to have been charged, so we shall see what transpires.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads