• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Charles Tyrwhitt Reviews and Fitting

bjornb17

Reaction score
I love CT shrits, especially the non-iron variety. Two things I've noticed about their shirts - the collars tend to shrink about half an inch, and the sleeves tend to be about an inch shorter than their US counterparts. So, a 16.5 34 might be the way to go and those are pretty proportional sizes. As a frame of reference, I'm 6'0 and 200 lbs with a 42" chest and 16.5/35 slim fits fit me perfectly. I can wear a size 16 shirt and it will look good but it can become distractingly snug throughout the day especially after a big lunch.

Last edited:

biged781

Reaction score
Their collars are probably their defining characteristic, their collars are very stiff, you wont be let down.

I have 10-20 ct shirts and ive found that their tailored (extra slim) shirts fit me quite well. i am 5'7 150lbs with an athletic build, 15/33 left maybe an inch on both side of extra space, it could be taken in a little more but i havent found any BB shirts to fit this well fwiw.

The collar news is good to hear, but... I'm now reconsidering the extra slim choice. I'm 5'11, 180 lbs with a 31 inch waist (pant size). I wear a 16/35... oh well, I'll find out soon enough. I can always exchange them.

I love CT shrits, especially the non-iron variety. Two things I've noticed about their shirts - the collars tend to shrink about half an inch, and the sleeves tend to be about an inch shorter than their US counterparts. So, a 16.5 34 might be the way to go and those are pretty proportional sizes. As a frame of reference, I'm 6'0 and 200 lbs with a 42" chest and 16.5/35 slim fits fit me perfectly. I can wear a size 16 shirt and it will look good but it can become distractingly snug throughout the day especially after a big lunch.

Thanks for the feedback. I heard the same re: the collars, so I ordered .5" larger as you suggest. I think I may be ok with the extra slim. I called them and they said that the tapering was in the waist, so the shoulders and chest should fit the same. Either way, free returns and all.

Last edited:

SrBrigante

Reaction score
$20 off $20+ purchase

Use code: XANT

It expires tomorrow though so hurry up!
Thanks for the code!
Was measured at the Charles Tyrwhitt steps away from my office at their 46th and madison store.....unfortunately a lackluster experience but ordered online and looking forward to trying these out

jeff21

Reaction score
FWIW I own a good amount of CT shirts. I'm 6'4 230 with an athletic build and wear a 16/35. I get the slim fit and can get them taken in slightly. I also wear a 44L.

LooksGood

Reaction score
FWIW I own a good amount of CT shirts. I'm 6'4 230 with an athletic build and wear a 16/35. I get the slim fit and can get them taken in slightly. I also wear a 44L.

what the hell? How do I have a thicker neck than you when I'm half a foot shorter and 50 pounds lighter?

biged781

Reaction score
what the hell? How do I have a thicker neck than you when I'm half a foot shorter and 50 pounds lighter?

Ditto, though it makes me more confident in the extra slim decision. However, Jeff, you must be build like a giraffe. No offense :D You wear the same shirt size I do... at 5'11" 180...

Last edited:

bjornb17

Reaction score
I also figured he'd have arms longer than mine @ 35"

jaidog

Reaction score
Just saw that a groupon became available for Tyrwhitt -- $25 gets you $50, or $50 gets you $100. Not valid on clearance items, must be used on the US site. By the way, how does one come to find out about codes such as XANT?

Hobbstc

Reaction score
I bought it. Thanks! Going to try CT for the first time. I want white French cuff dress shirts. Any suggestions on fabric choice?

Mulp

Reaction score
Ive always been happy with their twill non-iron shirts.

You can try their egyptian cotton black label shirts and see how much better they are than the twill

I'd be interested to know as well if you dont mind reporting back.

cuts

Reaction score
Guys is twill or poplar more popular. Also, how do you guys get the codes, i like 29.00$ price

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads