• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Sorry gnatty. That was an amazing car. The S65 alone made life awesome.

Question, you had the E90 right?, It would seem like a practical daily compared to the E92. Why ditch it?

No, had the E93 convertible coupe. It was a great car but a knee crusher for backseat passengers, and just not a great driving experience for my kids..

gnatty8

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

And a good one.

I think so. It used to be a pain ********** hauling stuff to our cabin that E93 and there are at least 3 or 4 days a year where it snows enough here that we'd be snowed in when 95% of the rest of the civilized population were out and driving. The M3 is/was a great car, and I enjoyed the hell out of it (this was actually my second, with the first being a 6SP E90) and hated to see it go, but all things must pass, lol

HRoi

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Agree 100%. Take, for example, this S63 on eBay:

The blacked out trim looks awful compared to the stock chrome trim (IMO):

Both those grilles look terrible. I guess it's hard to not make something look awful when it's a huge piece of plastic right in your face (escalade suffers from the same issue). Maybe body color would be the least offensive option here...

Firefox

Reaction score
I've got the hatch as well. It didn't really add that mix extra space and I swore I wouldn't get another hatch, but no matter how hard I try to get out, they just keep dragging me back int

My wife can't drive stick either, but she can drive her own damn car.
It's actually the first hatch I've ever owned, but the hatch makes loading/unloading stuff a lot easier. Also better than the sedan for Ikea runs, etc.

I remember reading an article once about how hatches are so much more popular in Europe vs. North America, where sedan body styles win out. I wonder if that has to do with the fact that SUVs are more popular (and common) in North America vs. Europe.

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Haven't driven my car in over a week and getting some serious withdrawal.

To top it off, we're getting more snow tomorrow and then rain on Tuesday.

1f62d.png
1f62d.png
1f62d.png

venividivicibj

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You were asking if you needed to do anything if you weren't going to drive it for two weeks

GreenFrog

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Yeah, that was due to a snowstorm we got a couple weeks earlier.

We got another one last weekend and I parked it at my parents' place for what I hoped to be the last time this season.

Been itching to get it back again but the weather isn't letting up.

ramuman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Yeah, that was due to a snowstorm we got a couple weeks earlier.

We got another one last weekend and I parked it at my parents' place for what I hoped to be the last time this season.

Been itching to get it back again but the weather isn't letting up.

Gah sucks. Still bad up there I presume.

nootje

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

It's actually the first hatch I've ever owned, but the hatch makes loading/unloading stuff a lot easier. Also better than the sedan for Ikea runs, etc.

I remember reading an article once about how hatches are so much more popular in Europe vs. North America, where sedan body styles win out. I wonder if that has to do with the fact that SUVs are more popular (and common) in North America vs. Europe.

The main reason is that gas is heavily taxed all over Europe. Small hatch = light = better mileage. A lot of us would be driving v8 and v12 sport sedans and suv's if gas wasn't around 8 usd a gallon around here. That's without road tax, which is usually weight based. For reference, my 1640 kg diesel coupe costs me 1700 euros a year in tax, can you imagine what a 2k plus truck will cost? Again favors the small hatch. Lastly, and Finn has railed against this many a time, we know a progressive tax on cars. Meaning your 15k hatch will see a doubling in price up to 30k, which is still manageable, but the 80k v8 sports sedan will suddenly cost around 150k.

But I'm not complaining :)

Ontopic, anybody experience with dension? Looking to add ad2p to Mercedes command ntg2, and this seems like a better option than adding the factory UCI iPod option, which would still require aftermarket parts to convert to Bluetooth.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads