• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Canali Double Monks opinions

peetaw

Reaction score
I did a search and couldn't find much details on these shoes, or even pictures....

They are Canali captoe double monks. I saw them at a local shop for $350 in black, brown, and burgundy.

I really like the burgundy colour and thought about buying it on the spot. However, it is the most I will be spending on a pair of shoes (so far) and thought I would get a few opinions first.

(sorry I don't have a picture - if anyone has one from their personal collection, please post!)

Thanks!

hobo_ken

Reaction score
These?

canali2ji2.jpg

They look good at $350.

MyOtherLife

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For $350/pr buy a pair in each colour. I'm serious. They are gorgeous. $350 is less than half price at retail. You can't go wrong.

UncleCozy

Reaction score
Buy buy buy buy buy buy buy.

Just to reinforce the consensus!

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
too late, OP. I just bought the last pair
devil.gif

Medwed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Lol at these shoes.
Buy them in purple color.

mishon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I tried these on some time back at Neiman Marcus in San Diego and the leather had visible creases after a few minutes of walking on carpet. I bought Santoni FAM double monks instead.

peetaw

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mishon
I tried these on some time back at Neiman Marcus in San Diego and the leather had visible creases after a few minutes of walking on carpet. I bought Santoni FAM double monks instead.

I noticed the creasing as well, but unfortunately Santoni is hard to come by in Vancouver.

/Thanks everyone for the quick replies - I went back and snagged the burgundy pair in my size (sized 1/2 up due to narrower width).

Really pleased.

One question, does everyone get their shoes Toppi'ed after 3-4 wears?

MalfordOfLondon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've always had a soft spot for those Canalis. Always on the lookout for them over here. Re: the Topys:
can-o-worms.gif

peetaw

Reaction score
Re: the Topys:

I didn't know this was a "can o' worms" topic - I have only heard about girls Toppy'ing their heels in the past and have never done so for many of my dress shoes. Mind you, I have only work rubber-soled <$100 dress shoes before...SF.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics