• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Aftus

Reaction score
There's a website explaining that somewhere. From what I remember, it's not a big deal.

milesbeyond

Reaction score
For those sizes that are backordered, try checking the store inventory and give the store a call. 10.5D was backordered until 11/10 but saw the flagship store in Maine had it. After a lengthy call being transferred 3 times, I was finally able to order directly from the store.

Was going to try and wait for any type of coupon code, but after getting caught in the rain with canvas Sperry's today, I need a high ankle boot before the holidays. My Clarks Desert Boots and Cole Haan chukkas aren't cutting it. The Cole Haan's sole split started to split at the toe already after 2 months. Tried on some Red Wing Iron Rangers the other day but they felt too clunky and the toe box looked huge on me. Hoping these will look a little less bulky on my feet. Just need a winter boot I can wear for the next 3 months. Will report back once I get them in!

flamingotripod

Reaction score
Is the only place to get them in Canada from the LL bean website? I checked around and couldn't find any info

7_rocket

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Is the only place to get them in Canada from the LL bean website? I checked around and couldn't find any info

I got mine from the website. I size down one size from my regular sneakers. Same size as my clarks.

MrMoonbeam

Reaction score
For those sizes that are backordered, try checking the store inventory and give the store a call. 10.5D was backordered until 11/10 but saw the flagship store in Maine had it. After a lengthy call being transferred 3 times, I was finally able to order directly from the store.
I had called 3 stores attempting to locate a pair myself, more for sizing purposes, but found in the end the only location that seems to have them is the flagship Maine store.
Otherwise your only option is an online purchase, which is what I ended up doing.

lemmywinks

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does anyone have any stories on 'abusing' LL Bean's return policy? I've had a pair of Katahdins for almost two years and they've probably seen 2-3 weeks of solid wearing. I just don't like the boots that much...

Texastyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone have any stories on 'abusing' LL Bean's return policy? I've had a pair of Katahdins for almost two years and they've probably seen 2-3 weeks of solid wearing. I just don't like the boots that much...

Sell them here on styleforum or get rid of them on Ebay. I think it's pretty ****** to abuse a policy just because you don't like something that you bought when the company did nothing wrong, especially when it was over 2 years ago.

Last edited:

bellyhungry

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sell them here on styleforum or get rid of them on Ebay. I think it's pretty ****** to abuse a policy just because you don't like something that you bought when the company did nothing wrong, especially when it was over 2 years ago.

That's why we can't have nice things :fu:

mondayevening

Reaction score
This thread made me want to order a pair of these so bad (and to join the community as well), the catch is ll bean charges 45 USD for shipping and handling to Finland. I think its a bit heavy for a pair of boots.

The second thought was to get the chippewa gq's, but zappos or amazon wont ship them to Europe at all..

Does anyone have good alternatives in the same price range?

Thanks.

xMaximex

Reaction score

I made a video for class, I'm wearing my kats, if anyone is interested: 

Didn't know what to expect - actually very nice, could indeed be a promo as rossi said. It makes me nostalgic at what these boots look when they're new. Here is my pair beaten up after two harsh Canadian winters, just cleaned with Renovateur :

qvkW3.png

milesbeyond

Reaction score
FINALLY received mine today after LL Bean shipped to the wrong address. They are darker than I expected, from a quick glance the color seems to be more along the line of the J.Crew plain toe boots (just not as shiny).

I ordered a 10.5 regular and these are perfect. Just a bit snugger than 10.5 in Red Wing Iron Ranger, which I felt like was too big. For reference, I wear 11 in all athletic shoes and even dress shoes. But I like just a bit more room for my toes. The 10.5 in these is perfectly snug in both mid-weigh wool REI wool socks and dress socks.

Not going to put any Obenauf's LP on the boots yet, since I don't want them to get any darker. But like others have mentioned, they seem to have a coating on them to begin with so they should be fine for Seattle weather for now.

Solid. Glad I bought them!

flamingotripod

Reaction score
Hi, so I'm about to purchase these, is the general consensus to get the same size as Red wing iron rangers?

Texastyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hi, so I'm about to purchase these, is the general consensus to get the same size as Red wing iron rangers?

I haven't tried the Iron Rangers, but I just got my pair of Kathadins last month and they ran true to size for me. I'm a 13 in dress shoes and chukka boots and a size 13 in these fit perfectly.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads