• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

asdf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Froosh
The pictures are pretty accurate, however in sunlight the boot has an orange hue to it that I wasn't expecting. LL Bean includes brokerage/duties/taxes during checkout, so you know right off the bat how much it is.

Duty charged at checkout, which is annoying, because you have to pay 100% of it (vs. rolling the dice) but handy, because they get accross the border really really fast.

Boots are pretty light, but darken with use just from burnishing, and darken further with any sort of oil/wax/polish.

Dairy Phobic

Reaction score
Originally Posted by asdf
Duty charged at checkout, which is annoying, because you have to pay 100% of it (vs. rolling the dice) but handy, because they get accross the border really really fast.

Boots are pretty light, but darken with use just from burnishing, and darken further with any sort of oil/wax/polish.

well i got a 20% off code, and free shipping, so duty/taxes of 16 dollars isnt much, total comes out to 143 ish

that is not alot to pay for at all, especially for across the border in 2 to 6 days

and another question, I usually size done a whole size (comparing to sneakers) for boots,

but i see here people size down a half usually, is my assumption right?

i got some white beswax (cant get obneuf in canada), i'll see how the darkening goes, i'd prefer it a lil darker but price and quality is too good to pass up

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by asdf

There shouldn't be any duties, only your provincial and federal tax, since they are made in the US.

asdf

Reaction score
Originally Posted by wannabeagiant
There shouldn't be any duties, only your provincial and federal tax, since they are made in the US.

Yeah you're right, I forgot, i got mine a while ago.

wannabeagiant

Reaction score
Originally Posted by Billster
hmm should i get now with the 20% off or hope there is a christmas coupon? if there is one
buy it now. They're great boots at that price. I'm near Toronto and they served me well last winter.

fungz0r

Reaction score
I"ve been wearing mine for a week now, broken in quite nicely and feel great. The original colour looks great as well, but I might put some obenaufs on it to darken it a bit. I think you should get it now

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thinking about picking up a pair for this winter. Does anyone have fit pics with skinny (tapered) jeans? I've never rocked boots + skinny jeans, I'm worried it will look stupid.

illumin8em

Reaction score
why don't people read the thread? seems the logical thing to do if you want some info on a product that is the subject of the entire thread. you may find such answers and pictures just a few pages in to your journey

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just looked through the entire thread. Found one fit picture with skinny-ish jeans. Anyone have any others?

jhcam8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y
Just looked through the entire thread. Found one fit picture with skinny-ish jeans. Anyone have any others?

Aren't there a zillion pics all over of skinny jeans and boots? JCrew, Barneys, etc etc? I don't think this is a new concept.

CarbonRod

Reaction score
Originally Posted by mike868y

The boots are probably gonna look ridiculous with anything less than about a 7.5~7.75 hem, work boots just aren't made for that type of fit and the proportions are going to looked fucked as the boots themselves, while not ridiculously so, are still pretty clunky.

bosatlbwi

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by CarbonRod
The boots are probably gonna look ridiculous with anything less than about a 7.5~7.75 hem, work boots just aren't made for that type of fit and the proportions are going to looked fucked as the boots themselves, while not ridiculously so, are still pretty clunky.

What then would you recommend wearing for winter footwear with skinny jeans? I don't want to deal with walking around in snow and ice in sneakers again this winter.

G0079

Reaction score
The boots look fine with slim pants. I'm wearing mine with sz30 New Standards. If I'm reading the sizing right, the hem is 7.5". The jeans fit over the top, and don't look weird at all. I've got like another inch and a half to two inches of room - it's not like they're just stacking up on top.

Unless of course, you don't lace your boots in which case you're fucked.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads