• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

California Appreciation Thread

venessian

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
Does anyone know why Germans are so obsessed with Death Valley? Every time I go there are a ton of German tourists. Werner Herzog goes on about it being the most amazing place on Earth in several interviews. He's right of course, but how does he/they know that?

It is interesting that you mention that. We went for a little drive last week and there were a lot of Germans there. We met a nice photographer at Zabriskie Point who had an incredible array of digital cameras, and couldn't stop raving about the place.

catrip.jpg

Some appreciation:

020.jpg

034.jpg

064.jpg

077.jpg

083.jpg

124.jpg

177.jpg

198.jpg

205.jpg

240.jpg

263.jpg

274.jpg

276.jpg

355.jpg

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Homepage-thumb6.jpg

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
800px-LAX_LA.jpg

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Convince me to visit California. I have never been there, but people tell me I have to go. I have no desire. What might change my mind? I should probably add that I don't like nature, the beach, doing drugs, or hiking in canyons.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mordecai
The proverbial olive branch?

It's silly, pointless, impractical, and lots of fun: the ultimate funky object.

mordecai

Immoderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by patrickBOOTH
Convince me to visit California. I have never been there, but people tell me I have to go. I have no desire. What might change my mind? I should probably add that I don't like nature, the beach, doing drugs, or hiking in canyons.

traffic-jam.jpg

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^^I'm getting stressed just looking at that. Traffic up here seems to have gotten less congested compared to the early 00's, has it gotten worse in socal?

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by thats.mana
^^I'm getting stressed just looking at that. Traffic up here seems to have gotten less congested compared to the early 00's, has it gotten worse in socal?
That is what less congested looks like on the 405. I mean, just look at that picture - there's room for at least 33% more cars!

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Come during fire season, gorgeous sunsets.
latimesfire.jpg

Oakland, I remember seeing this on the news but as a 6 year old, Oakland seemed a lot further away than 4 miles.
Oakland-2.jpg

thats.mana

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by imatlas
That is what less congested looks like on the 405. I mean, just look at that picture - there's room for at least 33% more cars!

Yeah on second take it looks to be flowing pretty well.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I remember the Oakland Hills fire very well. My roomate's GF's family lived there and lost everything.

imatlas

Saucy White Boy
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I remember the Oakland Hills fire very well. My roomate's GF's family lived there and lost everything.

What a horrible day. I remember standing on Clement Street smelling smoke, and looking up to see a thick column of smoke blowing due west from the Oakland hills. From an elevation you could even see the flames.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads