• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

Pretty sure this Priority International tracking will not hold up for an ebay dispute most of the time. I use to ship Priority International, but half the packages never say "delivered" and if they are not scanned delivered then ebay has no proof they were delivered.... I think you were the one who actually got me away from Priority International.... From what I understand the priority tracking once out of the US is up to the country it is being delivered in and I would not chance it.

Under $250 its fine - but over $250 you need a signature. Ive shipped over 1500 packages with priority international. probably more.

Steve Smith

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Two things about Priority Mail International:

1. It comes automatically with about $70 of insurance. Insure it for more if the value is more. I don't worry about whether the tracking will hold up if I am insured.

2. The tracking does work. A couple of months ago I sent a box to Thailand and gave them the tracking number. I got a WTF PM from the buyer saying that the package was in Russia. It was. I made a request through the USPS to track the item. A few weeks later it shows up in Thailand. The tracking system knew where it was all the way.

Brianpore

B&S (BS) ambassador-in-chief
Reaction score
Two things about Priority Mail International:

1. It comes automatically with about $70 of insurance. Insure it for more if the value is more. I don't worry about whether the tracking will hold up if I am insured.

2. The tracking does work. A couple of months ago I sent a box to Thailand and gave them the tracking number. I got a WTF PM from the buyer saying that the package was in Russia. It was. I made a request through the USPS to track the item. A few weeks later it shows up in Thailand. The tracking system knew where it was all the way.

Quote:
Guess I can save a few bucks for items under $250...

Quote: At least now you know

SpooPoker

Internet Bigtimer and Most Popular Man on Campus
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score

At least now you know

You know what that deserves, right?

Before you even click you know.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone here using sniping tools for buying? I sit here and refresh like an old-school tool, and make my best and final bid in the last 5 seconds...but thinking I could use an online service and not have to set reminders etc to go bid on something.

FaceOfBoh

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, here's a situation. Anyone had this before and how did you handle it?

As outlined before in this thread, sold a shirt to a guy who (by his own admission) didn't read listing carefully and wanted to return it. Listing is No Returns but after all that's been written here - and to promote goodwill and good feedback - I accepted it. He was to send it back (his dime) and I'd refund his purchase price, less a restocking fee.

Three weeks on and no shirt has arrived. I haven't contacted him yet. I'm planing to wait until after the long weekend to do that.

I'll see how it goes but my line in the sand is to offer to return 1/2 the purchase price ($20.50) and then just chalk it up to experience.

Anyone have any thoughts on how to handle this portion of returns?

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Okay, here's a situation. Anyone had this before and how did you handle it?
As outlined before in this thread, sold a shirt to a guy who (by his own admission) didn't read listing carefully and wanted to return it. Listing is No Returns but after all that's been written here - and to promote goodwill and good feedback - I accepted it. He was to send it back (his dime) and I'd refund his purchase price, less a restocking fee.
Three weeks on and no shirt has arrived. I haven't contacted him yet. I'm planing to wait until after the long weekend to do that.
I'll see how it goes but my line in the sand is to offer to return 1/2 the purchase price ($20.50) and then just chalk it up to experience.
Anyone have any thoughts on how to handle this portion of returns?

I haven't had this experience, but if it were me I'd contact him and give him a cut-off date of when you need to receive it...say, 10 days from today. Should be plenty of time and seems reasonable to me from a buyer's standpoint...never mind that he should have returned it many moons ago. Tell him you'll pay the 75 cents for delivery confirmation when he sends it back, so you both have proof of mailing date / received date (or lack thereof). That's probably how I'd handle it.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Going to try "the grand experiment" this evening...listed 5 items, scheduled start around 6pm PT / 9pm ET, one cent opening bid, no reserve, 10 day durations. Yikes. Will be fun to see how it goes, assuming things actually get bids and they don't all sell to snipers for a penny at the last second.

gyasih

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Going to try "the grand experiment" this evening...listed 5 items, scheduled start around 6pm PT / 9pm ET, one cent opening bid, no reserve, 10 day durations.  Yikes.  Will be fun to see how it goes, assuming things actually get bids and they don't all sell to snipers for a penny at the last second.

I was too scared to start a .99 cents.

TheNeedMachine

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was too scared to start a .99 cents.

I was nervous as well...and I wouldn't try it with something like a Robert Graham shirt which conceivably could get no bids / only the min bid since people are fickle about those...but I picked 5 things that all have some appeal, that I thrifted for between $1 and $5 each, and figure I'll see how it goes. If I weenie out I can always cancel before they auto-start, but I'm gonna let them go the full 10 days no matter what. I've never done a one cent start; I have done 99 cents with a reserve, but this time it's high bidder wins no matter what.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads