• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Buday Shoes - Hungarian Shoemaker

Jazzmenco

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
900x900px-LL-a8e9d7f0_buday001.jpeg

mr monty

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@mr monty that's deerskin for the shaft of the boot right? What's it like? I have thought about getting a whole pair made up in that.

Great boots. Would love to see them in a fit.

Yes, that's deerskin.

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just stopped by Buday to check them out. Nice shoe collection and unique aesthetic. Got to try on a few pairs. Took a pic of a sweet little derby (on my IG) and gave a shout out to @edmorel & Panta Clothing.

Any idea what widths the Frakno last comes in? I swear some stuff was lost in translation, but sounded like they only do it in H width. Just a heads up.

Last edited:

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
@sacafotos Ed explains it this way:

Navy shell yes and they do offer wider widths although is not the way typical shoe makers do. Rather than offering you a wide width in Last A, they offer you Last B, C or D which go up in width. But an H Vass would probably fit in the Frakno2 but shoot me a PM or email and we can discuss in detail.

And sounds like a good visit. Did the sales staff all nod vigorously and smile when you said Ed's name?

Last edited:

sacafotos

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@sacafotos Ed explains it this way:
And sounds like a good visit. Did the sales staff all nod vigorously and smile when you said Ed's name?

The older lady who helped me smiled.

I think I might be able to pull off the Frakno in 7H with a thicker sock. The last shaped perfectly around my foot, it was just the area past the instep that had more volume than I would've liked.

My lady loved all the Budapesters.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

The older lady who helped me smiled.

I think I might be able to pull off the Frakno in 7H with a thicker sock. The last shaped perfectly around my foot, it was just the area past the instep that had more volume than I would've liked.

My lady loved all the Budapesters.

Your lady clearly has good taste. ;-)

Frakno is a great shape. Maybe an insole/insert would take up that volume rather than a socks. I have a Vass 3636 pair that are remarkably high volume (considering I seem to have biggish feet), and a insole really changes the fit. Fortunately it has a deep enough heel cup that the insole works. I've tried this in shoes with a shallow heel cup and that doesn't work out so nicely...

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Here they are, in all their glory:

Frakno last Norweger / whiskey buffalo / double leather sole / 270 English-Dec welt

Thanks @edmorel!

OzzyJones

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Frakno last Norweger / whiskey buffalo / double leather sole / 270 English-Dec welt

Thanks @edmorel!
ERMAHGERD :drool:

brax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Thanks @edmorel!

Nicely done. Once you wear them and they darken a tad, they will be perfect.

FrankCowperwood

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Thanks. The whiskey ended up in a terra cotta / orange tone. I think that'll settle in with a little wear and I might even try a little darker polish on them. The shape and style are wonderful. First go with a norweger and I'm very pleased. So no changes to the color for the moment. Save that for down later date if ever.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Staff online

Forum statistics