• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Brooks Brothers: Trendy for Young Professionals

BrooksBrotherChar

Reaction score
Many young professionals are not aware of Brooks Brothers Attire and how well suited it is for young professionals. How do you feel about there attire selection and their value? I am pro Brooks Brothers and feel that their clothing perfect for Corporate America. Although their pricing is slightly higher than some of their competitors; I believe that the extra spent is well worth the cost. What are your opinions? Are they any other competitors in the industry that you feel can compete with BB? From where I stand; there is no other... Just wanted to obtain some feedback to get other young professionals thoughts on the subject?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
wow...

PorterInjax

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
lurker[1].gif

Iyor

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrooksBrotherChar
Many young professionals are not aware of Brooks Brothers Attire and how well suited it is for young professionals. How do you feel about there attire selection and their value? I am pro Brooks Brothers and feel that their clothing perfect for Corporate America. Although their pricing is slightly higher than some of their competitors; I believe that the extra spent is well worth the cost. What are your opinions? Are they any other competitors in the industry that you feel can compete with BB? From where I stand; there is no other... Just wanted to obtain some feedback to get other young professionals thoughts on the subject?

Where are you standing that you can see no other?

ter1413

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Iyor
Where are you standing that you can see no other?

on a soapbox...
teacha.gif

Gibonius

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ter1413
on a soapbox...
teacha.gif

/

(smilie clickable for added effect)

Grenadier

Reaction score
Going on 200 years is awefully long for a trend, don't you think? Maybe they just opened their first store in China?

nelly

Reaction score
Originally Posted by BrooksBrotherChar
Are they any other competitors in the industry that you feel can compete with BB? From where I stand; there is no other...

This is really quite a bold statement.

To actually answer the question, I personally do find BB to be a decent value for OTR suits when on clearance/sale. However, BB is still pulling itself out a era where previous ownership sacrificed quality for margin without realizing that quality allows you to create a loyal customer base willing to pay higher prices.

At the end of the day I don't consider a firm that doesn't innovate, isn't relentless on quality control and isn't forward thinking, as the leader in the industry.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Grenadier
Going on 200 years is awefully long for a trend, don't you think? Maybe they just opened their first store in China?
They have, at the China Central Mall in Beijing. Looked rather deserted as well from what I seen, and very expensive as well for what appeared to be mostly 'Made in China' garments. Wonder how long BB will keep a venture like that going before they pull the plug on it.

bjornb17

Reaction score
Troll thread.

However, i see BB are more like something that a middle-aged person would wear, not a young person.

MikeDT

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

CYstyle

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by bjornb17
Troll thread.

However, i see BB are more like something that a middle-aged person would wear, not a young person.

I think you'd be suprised, bb has been doing alot in the last couple of years geared at young professionals in their 20's and 30's

They have Black fleece, the milano and fitz extra slim fits, and a lot of the casual stuff is aimed at younger people, hoodies the heritage line etc.

It takes time though, every time they change, some people get angry and feel alienated.

Patek

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Troll thread.

Under what rock have you been living? BB has been quite trendy the last couple of years and although they still offer their traditional offerings, they have some stuff that pushes the "trendy" limit.

Yachting Man

Reaction score
Troll thread.

I've been working in investment banking for over 25 years and from my experience year after year all of the young analysts and associates coming in buy BB suits and accessories by the gross.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads