1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

bit loafer or wingtip/brogue?

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by bsyde82, Aug 15, 2007.

1. bsyde82

bsyde82 Well-Known Member

i'm tryin to decide between a bit loafer and a wingtip shoe as a "dress up yet casual" shoe to wear w/ some nice dark selvage denim

just curious what ppl think is nicer? and if one goes better w/ the selvage cuff

2. soonami

soonami Well-Known Member

Imo the brogue in a dark brown would be the nicest with dark denim, but really only with slim denim (hemmed to little break).

Dressier shoes do not work well with looser denim, I think because of the implied casualness and informality of anti-fitting pants. Similarly stacking and cuffs seem inappropriate with the formality of such constructed shoes

3. Tarmac

Tarmac Well-Known Member

i dislike loafers almost across the board unless you are wearing some linen pants or are steering a boat.

wingtip ftw

4. bsyde82

bsyde82 Well-Known Member

Imo the brogue in a dark brown would be the nicest with dark denim, but really only with slim denim (hemmed to little break).

Dressier shoes do not work well with looser denim, I think because of the implied casualness and informality of anti-fitting pants. Similarly stacking and cuffs seem inappropriate with the formality of such constructed shoes

i agree that, w/ dressier shoes, stacking would look out of place. however, i'm looking to get a more vintage looking brogue, like a varvatos one, where it has a more casual vibe than a typical dress shoe. which is why i think a small cuff on a slim fitting jean would work

guess i'll just have to experiment with it

5. Ritchee

Ritchee Well-Known Member

Go for the wingtip/brogue in a shade of brown you like.