1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Best suit in terms of price

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by HitMan009, May 30, 2003.

1. HitMan009

HitMan009 Well-Known Member

Hi,

My question is what is the best brand for suits under $1000. I wish I had more money to buy suits but I am finanically strapped. If someone knows a good tailor that makes suits for under $1000 and is in NYC, that would be great also.

Thanks

2. Stu

Stu Well-Known Member

Well, I don't know as much about clothes as the rest of the crew, but I am an expert in having a tight budget [​IMG] I would say that if you pay retail, Canali, Corneliani, and Zegna (not Zegna soft) are all very decent suits-- much better than Hugo Boss or Armani le collezione. Canali and Cornelani should cost about $500 to $600 on sale or at Bluefly, and Zegna might run about $900 on sale at a department store. I'm sure you can get much better brands on ebay, though for under $1,000. Others on here have better experiencethere than I do, but I would look on Ebay for Brioni, Oxxford and some of the other higher ends to see of you could get them for $1k or under. I think I saw a Zegna Napoli Couture suit for under $1k the other day, and as I understand it, that is a very fine suit indeed.

3. bigbadbuff

bigbadbuff Well-Known Member

My new 3 button charcoal grey super 150s Corneliani suit came from Ebay- I paid a whopping $210. Unreal bargain. The suit is terrific, I highly recommend the brand.

4. A Harris

A Harris Well-Known Member

As has been pointed out, buying a Brioni or Kiton or Oxxford etc. on sale is your best bet. Finding one for under $1000 is not a problem. If you were forced to pay retail then Corneliani or Hickey Freeman represent the best values in my opinion.