• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Sneakers For Gym Workout?

Gus

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I need new sneakers. Something for treadmill, light weights, stationary bike, and comfortable cushioning for walking. Any specific suggestions?

plei89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Since you're not doing heavy lifting, I would recommend running shoes from Brooks or Asics (such as the Gel Kayaone). Although they're ugly as hell, they're ridiculously comfortable.

If you were doing heavy lifting, you should not be wearing sneakers with cushioning. You need flat shoes such as converses.

Last edited:

rohde88

Reaction score
I wear these at times. Saucony Kinvara

mensimageconsultant

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Its good that some people asks for specific suggestions. Having the right shoes can make all the difference in the effectiveness of your workout. I would say focus on flexibility, stability, and overall style. Try Asics, I've used them a few times at the gym now and I'm really impressed. They breath nicely and afterwards my feet can't even tell I've been working out. They do seem to run about a half size too big, but it hasn't affected the comfort for me at all. [COLOR=111111]There are some negative reviews in regards to these shoes holding up to running outside. It's probably fair to mention that I don't think these shoes are really meant for outdoors, they're cross training/gym shoes, which means exclusively indoors. That's probably why these are quite a bit cheaper than running shoes as well. Most gyms, including mine, require you to use shoes that haven't been used outdoors anyway so as long as you are respectful of that policy this shouldn't be an issue. But if you're looking for something to use both indoors and outdoors, this might not be the shoe for you.[/COLOR]

The statement in bold seems hard to believe. More likely, most gyms only require that the footwear is athletic and closed-toe.

gulaera

Reaction score
well,most gyms only require that the footwear is athletic and closed-toe.
29.gif

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 101 36.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 100 36.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 36 12.9%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 46 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 41 14.7%

Forum statistics

Threads