• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Henley?

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Haha not full, I got free shipping + 15% student discount. Still a bit pricey, but the henley is a versatile piece so price/amount of wear= a decent value.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i wear only Wings & Horns Henleys right now because I haven't found a great alternative.

although i got a Organic Slub Henley from them recently and the waist is not tapered like i'm use to.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Brooklyn Circus just released a fantastic button-up henley with contrasting cuffs, and button-hole stitching. Probably not everyone's cup of tea, kind of a cross between a henley and a more formal shirt, but check it out. Runs small so size up. Got one in XL and it measures about 22" at chest. http://thebkcircus.com/2011/05/the-bkc-henley/

notwithit

Pullup laureate
Reaction score
^ Yeah, one of the Street Etiquette guys wore one in a recent post. Looked interesting. Not exactly what I think of as a henley, but a cool shirt nonetheless.

reedobandito

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I was feelin' it too, and at a pretty reasonable price point.

meso

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by notwithit
^ Yeah, one of the Street Etiquette guys wore one in a recent post. Looked interesting. Not exactly what I think of as a henley, but a cool shirt nonetheless.

Design wise it looks a little like a priests tunic on it's own.
I have to play around with layering it...

Bortelli

Reaction score
Yeah, I'm also resurrecting this thread. Seems dedicated to henleys so why not. Anyways, does anyobe have any details on this henley from the new superman movie?

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I like Sunspel Henleys right now.

Use to wear lots of Wings and Horns, but I prefer the silky material of Sunspel.

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
^
Good to know. I like W+H Henleys, will check Sunspels.

My favorite are Homespun. Nice slim fit.

blazingazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

^
Good to know. I like W+H Henleys, will check Sunspels.

My favorite are Homespun. Nice slim fit.

I like Homespun, but not such a fan of the material.

How does it hold up? It feels similar to Wings and Horns and my W+H Henleys started to pill pretty fast.

Last edited:

Spencer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They hold up ok. If I feel them stretching, I just throw it in the dryer, shrink it up a bit.

Adroit

Reaction score
RRL
Rag & Bone
Recently picked up a cool Burkman

Bullitt

Reaction score
Sunspel and Schiesser Revival are my favorites. Merz b Schwanen seems to be good quality too.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads