• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Best Henley?

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mr.loverman
dude i have a j.crew henley that i bought but it shrunk a bit so i can't where it. its brand new. its a size small.

id sell it to you if you want it. its a nice asphalt color that i really like. too bad i didn't buy a medium.

I just bought a few of their thermal henleys in size medium. After a wash they fit me pretty well, hitting right at the belt line. I generally like a henley with more than two buttons, but these are ok for about 30 bucks on sale from 42.50.

why

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Costume National Homme has some really nice ones with a deep placket.

Stylin-1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know anything re the fit of Rogues Gallery's henleys?

sbbbjm

Reaction score
i have an athletic body type and while i can wear AA mediums in their tshirts (line dry, no dryer) - i prefer to size up on the henleys to XL, bc they shrink a lot. i like shirts snug on my shoulders and chest but i don't like them clinging to my lower torso - it tends to look too much like and undershirt when i wear them that tight.

i would use the same philosophy with the tshirts, but they don't shrink up like the henleys do.

freelance robotics

Reaction score
my three favorites are j. crew, AA, and polo's ribbed cotton henleys this season are really great. they were overpriced for a long time but they're down to about $40 on polo.com.

itskub

Reaction score
the henleys on polo.com are ugly imo, like something from B.U.M or osh kosh.

esswhykay

Reaction score
Anybody have recommendations for slim fitting waffle-knit henleys (preferably with 3 or more buttons)?

airportlobby

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
RRL has some nice loose-knit henleys. I don't think they're waffle knit, but they're very nice.

Tooch4321

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by airportlobby
RRL has some nice loose-knit henleys. I don't think they're waffle knit, but they're very nice.

damn, you beat me to it and i will co-sign to this...

tagutcow

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I spent months banging my head looking for a henley. Most henleys tended towards two extremes:

"¢ A button placket too small and narrow, making the shirt look too "underweary". This is certainly the case of AA.

"¢ A button placket too wide, impractically long, poncey and International Male-ish (many of the higher-end brands including Generra.)

I ended up getting this Topman henley on sale for !4 shipped. It was in sage greeen, which I liked, because to me, henleys only seem right in earth tones for some reason.

Of course, I posted it in a WAYWT and was summarily dissed.

Proportion-wise, the henleys I've liked the best are RRL and Theory. Both, naturally, are too expensive.

J Crew would have been ideal for me in aesthetics and price if they were more like henley t-shirts rather than henley sweaters. Even Eddie Bauer's henley looked like it might have been nice were it not for the logo.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I've got 4 short sleeve RRL henleys and 1 really heavy weight long sleeve RRL henley that will get busted out once it gets a little colder.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads