• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Bespoke delivery in a few days: what could go wrong?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by GBR
Is this a new tailor to you? If so who is the favoured person?

You must be new to teh StyleForvm.

Welcome. I look forward to more of your posts.

- B

patrickBOOTH

Stylish Dinosaur
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by voxsartoria

- B

lol8[1].gif

NewYorkIslander

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
One set of shirts had a too small shoulder measurement...new ones were made up asap and I was able to keep the mistakes as well. My tailor told me they'd be perfect for wearing under a sweater w/out a tie.

Other than that, minor issues, like a missing button on a 3 roll 2 (not missing button hole) or lining not exact (I'm specific about the lining under the collar as well as inside the coat. Pants a touch too long, etc...

All are fixed for me, as I try on at the shop before I take the garment home.

GBR

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

- B

Thank you.

No I am far from new but given that Matt was anticipating something to go wrong, I found it hard to believe that he was speaking of his regular tailor.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Is this being sent to you cold turkey or did you have fittings?

Cold turkey, per the usual.

Originally Posted by GBR
Is this a new tailor to you? If so who is the favoured person?

No. Still the big R.

Originally Posted by GBR
No I am far from new but given that Matt was anticipating something to go wrong, I found it hard to believe that he was speaking of his regular tailor.

Well, no one's perfect. There is always some minor anxiety in anticipation of a delivery--not because I think I'll get screwed, but because it's a pain to wait for the fix and it sucks to not have what you expected after waiting for a while.

Originally Posted by TRINI
Did you have the linings replaced or just kept them as is?

I had one of the linings replaced. As completed, all my odd jackets wound up with red linings. So, I had one switched to a moss green, which I had originally requested. Yes, I am aware of the irony that I can wear the same shoe everyday but get peaved by having the same linings in my jackets.

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by mafoofan
Cold turkey, per the usual.

If you do have problem with details or fit, this will be the reason.

But I won't lecture you since you fully understand that you're forgoing a fundamental step because of your confidence in Rubinacci's after-delivery attentiveness.

Most men, moreover, become plumper and softer starting around your age. If it isn't happening to you, great...but just keep it in mind.

- B

TC (Houston)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Most men, moreover, become plumper and softer starting around your age. If it isn't happening to you, great...but just keep it in mind.

- B

For sure. What better insurance policy against that tendency than a wardrobe of bespoke clothing?

voxsartoria

Goon member
Timed Out
Reaction score
Originally Posted by TC (Houston)
For sure. What better insurance policy against that tendency than a wardrobe of bespoke clothing?

Your age entitles you to a discount on this thread.

- B

polar-lemon

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
You could be attacked by a feral jungle cat and lose an arm in the process, which would upset the balance of the suit jacket.

TheFoo

THE FOO
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
If you do have problem with details or fit, this will be the reason.

But I won't lecture you since you fully understand that you're forgoing a fundamental step because of your confidence in Rubinacci's after-delivery attentiveness.

I asked for a tiny bit of extra room in one suit, but that one won't come for some time. The other is cut like before--I've still got 8-10cm of extra space around my waist.

As for foregoing a fitting: hasn't been a problem before and they have always been happy to fix anything.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Package was sent tot he wrong address. Luckily, that person refused delivery and sent it back and I eventually received it.

I wanted a 3 button rolled to 2 and I envisioned it much different than it came out.

dragon8

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by polar-lemon
You could be attacked by a feral jungle cat and lose an arm in the process, which would upset the balance of the suit jacket.

lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif
lol8[1].gif

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads