• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Battlestar Galactica

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford

I do kind of wish there had been a glimpse of the Statue of Liberty or at least the torch and crown in the distance as a Planet of the Apes homage.
smile.gif

There actually was one, but it was pretty subtle.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thracozaag
There actually was one, but it was pretty subtle.

Supposedly, we were supposed to make out the towers of the Brooklyn Bridge, but I don't necessarily buy it.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
Supposedly, we were supposed to make out the towers of the Brooklyn Bridge, but I don't necessarily buy it.

No, it was something else.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Kara asks why Leoben is suddenly afraid of the truth. Leoben says to Kara, "I've got a feeling. You might not like what you find." In The Planet of the Apes, the orangutan scientist Dr. Zaius issues a similar warning to George Taylor about searching for the truth. "Don't look for it, Taylor. You may not like what you find."
Yes, I am a nerd.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Kara asks why Leoben is suddenly afraid of the truth. Leoben says to Kara, "I've got a feeling. You might not like what you find." In The Planet of the Apes, the orangutan scientist Dr. Zaius issues a similar warning to George Taylor about searching for the truth. "Don't look for it, Taylor. You may not like what you find."
Yes, I am a nerd.

Yeah, but that does not mean they are on "earth." If anything, it means they are not. Taylor got an unexpected answer. The expected answer for the BSG humans is that this is indeed earth.

A Y

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Bradford
This whole thing has some weird metaphysical sh*t going on, so its probably no coincidence that they've immediately found all this stuff.

+1. It would have been next-level sh*t if that had been the last episode, not that anyone would have been happy about it.

--Andre

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score

Yes, I am a nerd.

I caught the Brooklyn Bridge, but not the POTA reference - good catch.

Obviously I don't know where they are going, but why can't it be 2000 or more years in our future and we've screwed up this planet to the point where we've destroyed Earth with a nuclear holocaust. Couldn't they find some sort of sign that the 13th Tribe - Earth - has colonized other planets just like the other 12 tribes did? Wouldn't that give them something to look for as in, the colonies of the lost 13th tribe?

The problem with the original BSG show (and something that was poorly addressed in Galactica 1980) was that even if they had found Earth, how the heck were we going to help them fight the Cylons? All they'd be doing is bringing death and destruction to another planet that had yet to develop interstellar travel.

If it turns out that the whole series is 2000 years in the future, the 13th tribe or their descendants might actually be able to help.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Let me see if I get this straight (and here is my speculation)....

The "people" that lived on earth were cylons. Some kind of hybrid cylon (like the final five), but unlike the #1-8 hybrids. From what we can conclude, the hybrids built the centurions, went to war (perhaps) and nuked. We learn from the end from Ellen not to worry, they will be re-born (good piece of info there)--

I assume that only 12 models were reborn? Then perhaps those models nuked the rest of earth or something else happened.

The 12 models made their way to Caprica 2000 years ago. Humans lived there (most likely primitive). The 12 became The Gods. Others that made it were Zeus, etc. There was no longer a resurrection ship or place for them, so if the gods (or 12 models) got killed or had a accident, they would then died. I assume they were seen as Gods from the people of Caprica with their knowledge of medicine and their technology they may have brought with them.

5 of them broke apart from the 12 (the 5 that they do not speak of). Now...why do they not remember....perhaps the 7 of them tried to re-build the centurions (posing as human) or themselves again to resurrect (which is why there are 7 models of hybrids). Perhaps the 5 wanted nothing to do with it (knowing what happened before) . Maybe the 5 had their memories re-programmed to forget, but it all came back to them when they went back to Earth.

Now my head hurts.

Vashin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm pretty sure that the 12 cylons are full cylons. The only hybrid is Hera (and I guess maybe tyrol's son).

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
You know, I watched the episodes again and the Earth itself is never actually shown from space in a way that you can identify it. It's always covered in nasty-looking clouds or shot from a close angle without any identifiable details. But before, at the very end of the third season, they showed it and it looked normal.

JoeWoah

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm waiting for the shoe to drop... the inevitable tie between BSG and Stargate. Think about it, it works...

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
OK - so after this week's episode, I have a question. How were Boomer and Ellen able to jump directly to where Galactica, the rogue basestar and the rest of the fleet are located?

And if they can do it, doesn't it imply that the other Cylons will be following quickly behind?

Of course we are getting to the end, so I suppose the final showdown is inevitable.

Harold falcon

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
The Battlestar Galactica remake series is literally the stupidest goddamn show in the history of television. If you like this show, you're a ******* moron. From the episodes I've seen the still have eyeglasses and paper in outerspace, which is even too stupid for words. But I recently saw an episode where two people were trapped in a room and couldn't get out because something heavy was blocking the door. Let me rephrase that, TWO PEOPLE IN OUTER-*******-SPACE WERE TRAPPEDBY A HEAVY OBJECT. Apparently it was beyond anyone's comprehension that they could turn the ******* artificial gravity off because you know, they're in outer ******* space. This show enrages me. It is so goddamn stupid. ******* stupid. Everyone responsible for this show needs to die. I hate this show. I loathe this show. Die.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics