• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Battlestar Galactica

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Manton
I did enjoy it, but that was still stupid. The walking distance thing was much dumber than the radiation.

You're watching a show about ******* spaceships, what do you expect?

Sci fi nerds just can't write good drama. A long time ago someone showed me the miniseries, I watched like an hour of it then wanted to kill myself. The dialogue was so horrible "Gods" "Frack you"... it was just so grating. Then I saw another episode this year. I don't get the appeal.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
I too was put off by the name, being vaguely familiar with the Star-Wars-ripoff original. I started watching after the third season.

The setting is superficially silly, but the show itself is often very dark. I mean, it begins with a nuclear holocaust. Then in the first episode our heroes kill about a thousand people, something like 2% of the surviving population, because they think the spaceship they're on has been commandeered and rigged with nuclear bombs. The latest episode was about various characters' contemplations of suicide after their six(ish) year journey proved to be a fool's errand.

Plus, it's got sexually curious robots.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I will watch any show that has nuclear weapons as a McGuffin.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Apparently if the writers' strike from last winter had gone on for much longer, this episode could have been the Series Finale. How about that for a depressing ending? Some of the actors made cryptic comments that if Ep. 11 (of Season 4) had been the series finale, that it might have been too depressing for many fans. True, there is the small glimmer of hope in Adama's speech but it's hardly an uplifting adventurous tale. But this is Battlestar Galactica.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Question: Wouldn't Tigh and Adama REMEMBER what Ellen looked like when was around the supposed age of the Sixs?

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Thracozaag
Question: Wouldn't Tigh and Adama REMEMBER what Ellen looked like when was around the supposed age of the Sixs?

The aging question of the final 5 has not been answered. A point was made by Adama a few episodes ago that he's known Tigh for 30 years and he remembered him when he had hair.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
Apparently if the writers' strike from last winter had gone on for much longer, this episode could have been the Series Finale. How about that for a depressing ending? Some of the actors made cryptic comments that if Ep. 11 (of Season 4) had been the series finale, that it might have been too depressing for many fans. True, there is the small glimmer of hope in Adama's speech but it's hardly an uplifting adventurous tale. But this is Battlestar Galactica.

I don't mind depressing, per se, but they really need to tie up one or two loose ends. Good grief.

briancl

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I don't mind depressing, per se, but they really need to tie up one or two loose ends. Good grief.

We have 9 more episodes.... I think mid-season loose ends are to be expected.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I meant, if they had actually just ended after the last episode. That would have been a major let down.

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I did enjoy it, but that was still stupid. The walking distance thing was much dumber than the radiation.
I thought the same thing ("my, what a small planet they are on!") but it's an hour long show and they've got to sacrifice some things to advance the story. And, the radiation thing will be missed by virtually everybody but you and the 5 other people who know anything about radiation. It didn't even register with me as something to pick on.

Ataturk

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
They landed in the remains of the city nearest the beacon that brought them there. It's still unlikely, but not as if they'd just landed on a random spot.

Thracozaag

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I certainly found Tyrol finding the exact spot where he met his end, and Anders finding the guitar more implausible than anything.
But Luke found Yoda on the first try.

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I certainly found Tyrol finding the exact spot where he met his end, and Anders finding the guitar more implausible than anything.
But Luke found Yoda on the first try.

I would be one thing if they landed near ONE coicidence. But THREE?

Bradford

Current Events Moderator
Reaction score
Sure it doesn't make sense..... yet.

But I mean, c'mon, they were led there by something that may or may not be Starbuck who apparently died in a crash of her original Viper and came back in something else.

This whole thing has some weird metaphysical sh*t going on, so its probably no coincidence that they've immediately found all this stuff.

I'm just wondering whose religion will be correct - the Cylons or the Humans.

I do kind of wish there had been a glimpse of the Statue of Liberty or at least the torch and crown in the distance as a Planet of the Apes homage.
smile.gif

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
It still may not be our "earth." They could end up being the "human race" as we know it, populating our planet.

But that would be ripped off from the Twilight Zone, essentially.

I don't there is any way they can tie up all the loose threads. They will never come close. This show is Lost, jr.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.9%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 37.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 39 16.3%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.4%

Forum statistics

Threads