• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Australian Members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also, on the fragrances stuff - anyone have a recommendation for a citrus (preferably lemony) cologne? Or is it too close to disinfectant smells for most people to bother with?

MFK Absolue Pour le Matin is a nice citrus scent with a playful side, very far from disinfectant and more longevity than most citrus scents. Another would be MFK aqua universalis Forte would be another one to look at. A popular one and one you could readily sample around oz would be Guerlain L'instant pour homme (non extreme version) a citrus scent with a cacao dry down, the dry of which is particularly nice in the cooler weather.

Plestor

Reaction score
Yep, I think you are right. I've bought a few over the past 1.5 years, sold a few that I wasn't happy with, I now have 3. One I am 100% happy with in regards to fit/cut, another I'm pretty damn happy with, and finally, one I really like, but is ever so slightly off...

However, I live in Brisbane so Suit Shop isn't an option :(

I thought about Cloak Room but have heard mixed reviews and I don't really like their aesthetic, from what I've seen.

DeerStyle seems a bit out of my price range...well, what I'd like to spend.

edit: grammar

Luke, you could be pleasantly surprised.

Rene was just telling me yesterday that he's got some new books of jacketing fabric in, too. You should e-mail him to have a chat about pricing and options - as I say, you may well be surprised and Rene is very good at trying to arranging things and giving people options so that you can get what you want at a reasonable price.

It should be roughly Suit Shop prices last time I checked. I can only reiterate what JM said otherwise Rene is great to work with.

AshtrayBroom

Reaction score
FS: Below is a link to images of some Blundstone (3 pairs) and Bally (2 pairs) shoes. I'm happy to take more photos if there are any details you wish to see more closely.
Feel free to make an offer if you're not satisfied with the instant sale prices. Happy hunting, gentlemen.

https://medium.com/p/763903092df5

Romp

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Coxsacie where is tchoys link?

Wurger - my fave in Melbourne has been The European on spring St.

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Also, on the fragrances stuff - anyone have a recommendation for a citrus (preferably lemony) cologne? Or is it too close to disinfectant smells for most people to bother with?

Taylors of Bond St A Gentleman's Aftershave Lotion

Foxhound

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
StyleForum needs an stealth mode that makes it appear as though I'm looking at something more socially acceptable and not discussing clothes on the internet.

LonerMatt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Be proud of who you are.

/disney

tobiasj

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Loving this merino waistcoat thang

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads