• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@Gerry Nelson I believe you have a green flannel suit. Couldn't find the fit pictures. Would you mind posting some pictures. Also how versatile is it? Green vs dark olive vs lighter olive with faint check- what's your thoughts? Seriously thinking of adding a olive suit this winter.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

@Gerry Nelson I believe you have a green flannel suit. Couldn't find the fit pictures. Would you mind posting some pictures. Also how versatile is it? Green vs dark olive vs lighter olive with faint check- what's your thoughts? Seriously thinking of adding a olive suit this winter.

You can see pictures at http://gezzasmenswear.tumblr.com/post/114749055562/celebrating-the-return-of-autumn-with-green-tweed

I find the jacket very versatile and wear it with khakis, dark denim, grey flannel or as part of the suit. By the way, it's green Donegal tweed not flannel. I bought it to split it and it's worked well for me.

Last edited:

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

California Dreamer

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Bit of an out of the way question, but hopefully somebody can help.

We just cleared out my mother-in-law's house, prior to sale. In the process I found an antique umbrella. It looks to be made of a wood shaft and handle, and metal struts. I think the tips of the struts are possibly ivory. Surprisingly, the structure and mechanism are completely sound, but there are some rips and holes in the canopy.

So does anybody know a place in Melbourne where I could get this restored? Also, does anybody know when wooden umbrellas like this stopped being made? Thanks.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Bit of an out of the way question, but hopefully somebody can help.

We just cleared out my mother-in-law's house, prior to sale. In the process I found an antique umbrella. It looks to be made of a wood shaft and handle, and metal struts. I think the tips of the struts are possibly ivory. Surprisingly, the structure and mechanism are completely sound, but there are some rips and holes in the canopy.

So does anybody know a place in Melbourne where I could get this restored? Also, does anybody know when wooden umbrellas like this stopped being made? Thanks.

I think there is still one manufacturer of umbrellas in Australia because my cobbler sells some and sold me one. I think she is in Brisbane.

meister

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Besides Shuron and Moscot what are some other good trad eyewear brands to check out? (Not including Bailey Nelson, Warby Parker etc).

Geoffrey Firmin

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Besides Shuron and Moscot what are some other good trad eyewear brands to check out? (Not including Bailey Nelson, Warby Parker etc).

Barton Perreira, Anglo American, Hackett. All modernist but definitive traditional leanings.

This http://www.operaopera.net/

And there is the spectacle maker in Adelaide.

Said it before visit George Skoufis.

The Chai

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Getting a new suit made out of Midnight Blue Barathea. Single Breasted one button peak lapel.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads