• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Epaulet has further 30% off sale code 30%offsale. Ordered the camo field jacket for $107 usd shipped. Ordered small, will still try to put it over a suit; if possible at all.
Scatter_Camo_Studio_Main_1024x1024.jpg

http://epauletnewyork.com/collectio...d-jacket-11oz-heavyweight-canvas-scatter-camo

Last edited:

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why are you buying camo jackets when kimber has an eidos field jacket on sale

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Eidos piece is definitely a lot pricier even on sale. Very very nice, though

The Epaulet jacket looks to be really good value and that camo is not in your face so it looks to be pretty wearable. I'm not sure why they would remove the hood but keep the zip on the collar. though.

saved

Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking to buy my first proper suit and after much lurking it seems Herman Bros is the recommended choice for something mtm that is sub $1k. I'm just wondering if he is still operating as I have emailed twice trying to book a time but received no replies. Perhaps I violated some tailor etiquette by mentioning I'm new to formal clothing and been vague with what I'm looking for? Either way I'm just wondering if anyone else has being in touch recently and what should I put in the email to arrange an appointment.
Thank you

md2010

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Eidos piece is definitely a lot pricier even on sale. Very very nice, though

The Epaulet jacket looks to be really good value and that camo is not in your face so it looks to be pretty wearable. I'm not sure why they would remove the hood but keep the zip on the collar. though.

Kimber jacket sold out in my size (thank god). It's still very expensive option. Thanks Gerry for your view on the Camo pattern. Didn't find many pictures of this jacket in action. At $140 aud shipped- told myself what the heck!

iSurg

Reaction score
md2010, I think you have a field jacket addiction, mate!

Everyone else, just want to say that Stranger Things is so so so good. Well done, Netflix! Pure 80's Nostalgia! 8 binge-able episodes =)

0.jpg

herringbonePete

Reaction score
Olympic Opening Ceremony : surely Hamish McLachlan has the most ill-fitting suits and too long cuffs in the business...aren't there wardrobe people employed to sort this stuff out!? Discuss ..

Last edited:

Osiris2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@iSurg yes stranger things is awesome, great 80s vibe, good mix of genres and the actual suspense is parts was refreshing.

Can't wait s2.

Gerry Nelson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi all, I'm looking to buy my first proper suit and after much lurking it seems Herman Bros is the recommended choice for something mtm that is sub $1k. I'm just wondering if he is still operating as I have emailed twice trying to book a time but received no replies. Perhaps I violated some tailor etiquette by mentioning I'm new to formal clothing and been vague with what I'm looking for? Either way I'm just wondering if anyone else has being in touch recently and what should I put in the email to arrange an appointment.
Thank you

Based on this, you haven't done anything wrong at all. I hope you get an answer soon.

Oli2012

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
My RMWs have a small hole in the side where my little toe is. I think it's because when the sole was redone they put it on a wide for last and that my foot movement has caused it to wear.

I'm tossing up whether to get a pair of Baxters or pay the extra $150 and get another pair of RMWs. They're the same shoe really but RMWs is pretty iconic.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Staff online

Forum statistics