• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Axieldor

Reaction score
Anybody know if Billy Reid suits are canvassed, half, or fused? In general vs. on gilt? Gilt is selling some made in Italy ones for cheap. Thanks!

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Half canvassed confirmed w/ BR SA
Originally Posted by Axieldor
Anybody know if Billy Reid suits are canvassed, half, or fused? In general vs. on gilt? Gilt is selling some made in Italy ones for cheap. Thanks!

justsayno

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
What's the last number for Ralph Lauren Darlton Loafer (benchmade by C&J)?

spindoctor

Reaction score
Has anyone ever brought replica designer shirts? If so, what did you think? And, where did you buy them from?

Thanks.

youccaps

Reaction score
sorry for interruptin , My Prom Night is after 4 weeks , and I'm wearing black suit with jeans , but I have no idea for shirt , belt and shoes can somebody help me please ,
My Info : 1.84 height , 70 weight , i want to look best please help me

Joe Cool

Reaction score
Brought them from where?

CruzAzul

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Can you pay for them with "replica" money?

Daseinflaw

Reaction score
Ebay has Thomas Pink shirts for 25 bucks. Please don't buy them. Either save up or look for something cheaper, yet still decent quality.

IsteRed

Reaction score
Hello gentlemen,so I'm thinking about this RLPL Silk 3piece suit,i like it,and if that was a blazer i wouldn't hesitate but i'm not sure about suit,I'm 19 and i like and wear a lot of clothing that is considered "old men's" nowadays,including brass button,double breasted blazers but I'm not sure this will look good on me,i think about pimpin' it a little bit with a colorful PS,tie.So what do you think about this suit for someone my age?and also what about 100% silk suits?I've neither owned nor seen one,only blends,what do they look,feel like?Also as i see pants on this suit are no-belt or how are they called,is there a way to convert them to normal type i.e. for belt?
photo103-2.jpg
photo104-2.jpg
photo100-1.jpg
photo78-2.jpg

bcondon17

Reaction score
Is it possible to get a shirt let in on the sides and have the arms slimmed down? Will this cause problems with other parts of the shirt? and How much would that normally cost?

dasai

Reaction score
Originally Posted by youccaps
sorry for interruptin , My Prom Night is after 4 weeks , and I'm wearing black suit with jeans , but I have no idea for shirt , belt and shoes can somebody help me please ,
My Info : 1.84 height , 70 weight , i want to look best please help me

You want to look your best, yet you're planning on wearing a "black suit with jeans"? To say nothing of the discomfort of wearing two pairs of trousers at the same time, way to aim low.
bigstar[1].gif

All kidding aside, with what you're planning on wearing, the definite way to go would be a white dress shirt with black dress belt and dress shoes. They'll clash with the jeans, of course; it would be far better to swap them out for wool dress slacks, perhaps in a mid-grey to offset the stark severity of a black sportcoat.

The ideal option for a prom, of course, is a tuxedo (which is always black with a black bow tie; not the multi-colored costumes they rent out nowadays), but if that's not doable, I'd say at least wear a dark suit (but not black) with a white shirt and a nice necktie. (As prom is a party, you can opt for a more whimsical tie than the ones favored around here, as long as it isn't kitschy or in poor taste. A paisley or a Hermès-type pattern would really come into its own.) Handkerchief in the pocket is optional as long as you're wearing a boutonnière, but it does add a bit of panache.

Reaction score
I already own a pair of AEs Park Avenue and some other formal shoes, but I wanted something I can wear with jeans. I was thinking about these shoes which can be had for $155. I'm 23 btw.

Opinions?

lee_44106

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Will they score you the love of a woman (or man if you are into that kind of thing....nothing wrong with it, of course....)?

The logo is kinda tiny, can you find a pair with bigger logo?

hohneokc

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I am going to say no. Personally, I don't like bit loafers, so I'm not much help there.

Second, they appear to be black and I don't like black shoes with jeans.

I would recommend a blucher in in the dark tan to brown range. Plain toe or wingtip preferred, perhaps a cap toe if there is enough perf and pinking.

Just my opinion, take it for what it's worth (not much).

Chris

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads