• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask A Question, Get An Answer... - Post All Quick Questions Here (Classic menswear)

Denim

Reaction score

I love 3 button suit and I think they are more timeless than 2 button. It seems to "fill out" the suit better.
Why go to all that trouble and just not button the top button?

Just wondering thoughts on this... I'm a rookie with suits lol so I'm tryna soak up a lot of knowledge here and there. Ill probably keep it 3 button just to have a different look.

Just making sure there isn't a certain occasion to wear it and etc

deadAngle

Reaction score
Just wondering thoughts on this... I'm a rookie with suits lol so I'm tryna soak up a lot of knowledge here and there. Ill probably keep it 3 button just to have a different look.
Just making sure there isn't a certain occasion to wear it and etc
A 3-button is actually more versatile than a 2-button because you can fasten only the centre button to get a similar button stance, or fasten the top button as well for more formal occasions (or windy days). No special occasion is required of course, but 3-buttons are best with some horsehair canvas in the front to get a good lapel roll. A sharply pressed lapel is murder on the versatility of a 3-button. Tailoring to get the 2-button look is not required. I've got a marvellous 3-button late 50's/early 60's sportcoat in a small black/orange houndstooth with a subtle blue windowpane pattern (trust me, the fabric isn't as loud as it sounds) and it's surprisingly enough become a staple of my day-to-day wardrobe. I just button it wherever my mood dictates and away I go.

ctu92

Reaction score
I've got a picture of a sport shirt here i'm dying to find the brand of. Any chance anyone might recognize the brand or might be willing to help out? It has a light blue/white check pattern, white inner collar, white trim down the button pannel, and bright blue buttons. Anyone have an idea?

3282e57f_new3-1.jpeg

Thanks!

ctu92

Reaction score
Thanks for the response! Do you recognize it or is that just a guess? Surely someone here has hopefully come across it!

smilenow

Reaction score

Hey guys,

I got a great briefcase from a friend. He doesn't remember where he got it and there is no mention of a brand name on it. It only says "City Line" on the front and there is an inscription on the inside that says "citare questo numero incaso di reclamo 3". It also says "made in italy" on the zippers. The leather feels great and I'm just curious whether anyone can point me towards the maker?

eddiecibrian

Reaction score
Will ralph lauren have a after christmas sale and how much discount usually?
Also where can i get chisel toe dress shoes under 200?

Last edited:

kv18schn

Reaction score
Hi all,

New here. My name is Kyle. I have been trying to track down this jacket, or a jacket similar. I trekked throughout Italy in hope to find it, but to no avail. Can anyone locate me to a model similar to this? Also I have interest in the scarf as well.

And one more thing, anyone know where I can find a pair of shoes similar to these? My budge is tight so I'm looking for something under $150.

Thanks in advance.

othertravel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hi Kyle,

The sport coat looks like a Cucinelli or Canali Kei. If you're budget conscience, I've seen Corneliani diffusion sport coats in a similar style; take a look on eBay.

For the boots I'd check out AE. They're having a clearance which includes boots similar to the one in your pic.

Welcome to SF.

btromano

Reaction score
Looking for a great Tailor in Los Angeles.

I have Suits and Sport Coats from Kiton, Brioni, Oxxford Clothes, etc., both new/unaltered and items that need adjustments.

I have tried two Tailors here, Custom Tailors for alterations previously, and they were not very good

E TF

Reaction score

Hi all, New here. My name is Kyle. I have been trying to track down this jacket, or a jacket similar. I trekked throughout Italy in hope to find it, but to no avail. Can anyone locate me to a model similar to this? Also I have interest in the scarf as well. And one more thing, anyone know where I can find a pair of shoes similar to these? My budge is tight so I'm looking for something under $150.OILER=Warning: Spoiler!]
I would guess that that's not a sports coat but a light-weight top coat.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.7%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.6%

Forum statistics

Threads