• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

xCrunchx

Reaction score
Does anyone recognize what season these are from? theyre helmut lang

Last edited:

red81

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im pretty new to dressing well, and while I am solidifying my basics (new years resolution was to seriously dress better), Im trying to develop my own style and see what my own personal tastes are. Im really digging dot shirts, like the UNIS Felix white w blue dots. Does anyone know any other decent dot shirt brands that I can get into? Thanks for the help!

i'm kind of in the same boat as you. what i do is go to shopstyle.com, type in what i want (in your case: dot shirts) and examples with stockists come up. hope that helps.

Dirty Gurty

Reaction score
I'm from a pretty small town with no real shopping to speak of, best store being a Kohl's, haha. Needless to say I make 99.5% of my purchases online. I'm going to be in Herndon/Northern VA next week for work, anyone have any recommendations for can't miss shops/dining? Thanks!

ennui

Reaction score

Does anyone have any experience with the sizing of Band of Outsiders outerwear jackets in comparison to their shirts? I normally wear a large BoO button down, but the measurements from a size 2 (medium) sport coat, match a bunch of jackets I recently had made. So does the outerwear/sports coat/blazer fit more true to size?

I have a couple of BoO sportcoats, and I am reliably a size 2. I normally take a 1 in their shirts.

t3hg0suazn

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I'm from a pretty small town with no real shopping to speak of, best store being a Kohl's, haha. Needless to say I make 99.5% of my purchases online. I'm going to be in Herndon/Northern VA next week for work, anyone have any recommendations for can't miss shops/dining? Thanks!
Tyson's corner has the most offerings (food and shopping-wise). There's an outlet in Leesburg but that's further away.

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
If something has a stain and dry cleaning decreased the intensity and size, would another round decrease it further or is it like permanently stuck like that without any options left?

mHo2

Reaction score
Hi there, i'm looking at picking up a pair of Men's Katahdin Iron Works Engineer Boots from LL Bean.
My (Brannock measured) shoe size is a 9.5 E+(Meaning a little larger than an E). Unfortunately they only offer widths EE and D in the bean boots I want.
If I go 9.5EE will the extra width be a big issue? If it will be, what size should I go for, or are there another pair of recommended boots that would look similar but have a better fit for me? (I live in Canada, so something I could check out in a store would be best)

Thank you,
- Mat

Caliax

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm looking for shoe recommendations to pair with slim-straight jeans, v-neck plain white tee and leather jacket. I'm currently overhauling my shoe selection and own a nice pair of brown boots. However I don't want to wear the boots everyday because I don't want to wear them out too quickly. Prefer brick and mortar store, but will order online if necessary. Looking to spend less than $200. I'm 18, trying to go for a slightly more mature look.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The fabric is good but the cut is pretty damn big. I wouldn't buy it if you are looking for a slim fit.

Thanks. I don't suppose I could simply size down?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Does anyone know how MOMA's sizing runs?

MOMAs run a size large. Size down 1. I still have room in the toe box after doing this but MOMA goes for the elongated toe look it appears.

Thanks. I don't suppose I could simply size down?

I'm not sure. I couldn't size down from a medium to small as I'm 6'1" and a small would be too short. If it helps I can barely fit into a medium Gitman Vintage anymore and the Steven Alan size medium reverse seam shirts are definitely relaxed fit on me.

InHocSignio

Reaction score
Question: How do people carry stuff around in a casual way when they have complex layers in their outfits? The style of bag I most carry, formerly ugly laptop bags but as I evolved better looking, leather messengers disrupt the V of the layer if I put it the way I'm most used to, across the shoulder, and trying to carry my messenger on one shoulder feels self-conscious and ridiculous. From pictures I think women solve this problem with purses and designer bags and dapper dudes in New York seem to solve it with briefcases and high-end duffles. Those also seem slightly ridiculous in a dressed down collegiate atmosphere to this grad student, where I barely get away with the stuff I wear in the first place. I've seen people with more slouchy streetwear looks wear backpacks and make it work, but my style is more tailored fit/hipster tailored fit than that. What should I be looking for so I can actually carry the crap I need around and still explore higher levels of style?

Last edited:

canstyleace

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
How much stuff inside the bag are we talking about?
When using the messenger across the body, does it rest on your hip?
Theres several bags that have both a briefcase handle and adjustable across the body strap meaning more flexibility as how to carry it, also some smaller more briefcase looking bags work laying on your lower back, kinda cross between horizontal backpack and briefcase, i.e billykirk schoolboy satchel, also check out filson canvas 256 and similars,,, saddleback makes some nice yet rugged backpacks and briefcases too.
Then theres some odder totes that also work depending on your particular style and wardrobe, stuff live helmet bags, oversized camp or tent bags, military carry bags... check out the wayw threads, lots of pics there.....

Last edited:

sandwitches

Reaction score
Any recommendations on light tan suede oxford bucks for around ~$150?

Edit: Nevermind. Got the JCrew suede bucks for $100 with STYLEFIND promo. Boo ya!

Last edited:

Kodiak

Reaction score
What jeans should I be looking at to replace my 19cm and APC NC?

Both are torn to hell in the rear pockets and starting to rip in the crotch, figured I'd replace them instead of paying for repairs again.

I really LOVE the fit of my 19cm (especially the 37" inseam and slimness without being skinny), and the APC NC are alright, but slightly looser than I'd like in the thigh and not that long (I think 32-32" inseam on my size 25 (I'm an actual 28" waist)).

I'd definitely like raw, not sure if I want to go black or indigo this time though. (My 19cm are black, never really faded. My NC are indigo, faded decently.) Preferably under $300 though, ruling out another pair of 19cm.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads