• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

jasonmx3

Reaction score
For beach weddings, what would be an appropriate shoe? I will be wearing a tan summer suit. The wedding reception will be held in a ballroom after the wedding, so I prefer to be wearing shoes for the whole event.

superego

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

For beach weddings, what would be an appropriate shoe? I will be wearing a tan summer suit. The wedding reception will be held in a ballroom after the wedding, so I prefer to be wearing shoes for the whole event.

ballsy answer, flip flops, and prob what I'd (personally) opt for depending on your attachment to the bride/groom and their formality. weddings are supposed to be fun, why not be comfortable.

safe answer, chukkas. ankle height might help keep out some of the sand that will invariably find its way in during the ceremony.

Somar

Reaction score

jasonmx3

Reaction score
ballsy answer, flip flops, and prob what I'd (personally) opt for depending on your attachment to the bride/groom and their formality. weddings are supposed to be fun, why not be comfortable.

safe answer, chukkas. ankle height might help keep out some of the sand that will invariably find its way in during the ceremony.

Thanks!

I'm part of the entourage, so unless the groom will be wearing one (or will be going barefoot), flip flops may not be an option.

I have seen chukkas suggested in other forums as well. And yes, I am particularly worried of sand getting inside the shoe and the general difficulty of walking on sand on shoes. In any case, would any leather finish do? For example, would a polished finish still be considered appropriate on the beach?

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone know where I could find a jacket like this plokhov but with a normal (preferabbly 2 button, low button placement for deeper v) lapel?

Ideally 100-300 range. Size 50-52. Thanks!

fireflygrave

Reaction score
So just a shortish black blazer with somewhat pointed shoulders? What are you liking about that jacket besides its lapel and color, specifically?

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

So just a shortish black blazer with somewhat pointed shoulders? What are you liking about that jacket besides its lapel and color, specifically?

the speckled effect + color (biggest part), then shoulder, and general cut
would actually even like it more if the alternative was a very dark grey
just not a fan of the lapels

Benesyed

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
oops

Last edited:

qcqc

Reaction score

These are the most similar boots to the W+H Dayton that I could find. It's a John Varvatos Bowery. Anyone owned one of these? Are they good? What about sizing?

ps. If anyone know other similar boots to these please let me know. thanks

Last edited:

EvanW

Reaction score
I'm looking for some ideas on where to shop for my body type. Specifically, for jeans, basic shirts, and long sleeves/sweaters/button up shirts.

I'm 5'8, 145. I have a small frame - not necessarily "slim", as my ribcage and hips are quite wide and my torso is short. I make up for the bad genetics by being in excellent shape - I'm generally in the single digit body fat range and have a solid amount of muscle, so I do look fairly well proportioned and somewhere around slim/athletic in well-fitted clothes. However, those are hard to come by.

I generally wear size small. My main problem is things being too loose at the waist, while sometimes being too tight at the shoulders/chest. Medium looks huge, usually, since despite having bulky shoulders from lifting, my natural shoulder width is quite small - they only look broad from lifting. Stores like H&M, sometimes American Apparel, sometimes skate stores(ie pacsun, zumiez, but ONLY for jeans) are usually where I end up getting things. Zara, on occasion. But finding well fitting things is still hard to come by. I have my jackets/peacoats that I like, and nice black boots from Aldo are generally the shoes I wear - so that stuff is covered.

I'm looking for nice but simple things that suit my body type. The more formal stuff I always have to get tailored, so it's the more casual things that I need advice on. I go to grad school, play in a metal band, and the types of jobs I work are generally relaxed business casual - so the style....not trying too hard looking, somewhat dark but somewhat classy(NOT in a flashy way). In fact, dark + classy sums it up well. Hate to admit it but the twilight vampire comes to mind - I have a feeling I'm going to get hell for even mentioning that, but hey, he does have the tall, slim frame I wish I had, and the style is quite nice.

Dr Huh?

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Anyone have experience with Steven Alan shirts?

Timbaland

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

These are the most similar boots to the W+H Dayton that I could find. It's a John Varvatos Bowery. Anyone owned one of these? Are they good? What about sizing?

ps. If anyone know other similar boots to these please let me know. thanks

You can order the boots from Dayton. They won't have the treatment that W+H did to them (tying them into a ball and soaking them in water).

http://www.daytonboots.com/node/181#product_image

Anyone have experience with Steven Alan shirts?

The fabric is good but the cut is pretty damn big. I wouldn't buy it if you are looking for a slim fit.

blacksamurai30

Reaction score
Hi everyone,

Im pretty new to dressing well, and while I am solidifying my basics (new years resolution was to seriously dress better), Im trying to develop my own style and see what my own personal tastes are. Im really digging dot shirts, like the UNIS Felix white w blue dots. Does anyone know any other decent dot shirt brands that I can get into? Thanks for the help!

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads