1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Ask a Question, Get an Answer - ask all quick questions here

Discussion in 'Streetwear and Denim' started by mfais, Jan 22, 2010.

1. Kensington

Kensington Well-Known Member

2. jmaudi0

jmaudi0 Well-Known Member

i need a new plain grey hoodie. looking at Reigning Champ and The John Elliott & Co. Villian.

anybody have both or an opinion on either? i know everyone seems to love RC sweats but the Villian with its side zippers just seems like something unique and kinda cool....

3. kindofyoung

kindofyoung Well-Known Member

John Elliot is good stuff

4. click here

click here Well-Known Member

Recommend a good backpack for a round the world trip? Ideal size 40L-60L.
    Are there any good backpacks from the army surplus store?

5. sanderhansen

sanderhansen New Member

6. melon

melon Member

Last edited: Feb 16, 2014
  7. zrnk

zrnk Well-Known Member

Are Rag & Bone shirts supposed to run FUCKING HUGE? Just got one off ebay, labeled "small pinstripe trail shirt", and it's the biggest size large I've ever worn. It honestly fits like an XL.

Follow up, would a tailor be able to do anything with this?

8. cdgreg

cdgreg Well-Known Member

Wondering if anyone else has this problem, or I just have terribly unique feet: I can't seem to find a pair of loafers that will fit me. I know my right foot is slightly larger than my left, but it hasn't caused an issue in my shoe purchases in the past. In general, I'm a 10-10.5D, but 10D loafers squash my feet and 10.5D loafers tend to slip in the heel on my left foot, but are fine on the right foot. I've tried countless pairs/styles at the thrift stores hoping to find one pair that will fit, but no luck, either too tight or slipping off. Anyone else experienced this?

9. nd1nd2nd3

nd1nd2nd3 Well-Known Member

Loafers can sometimes be fixed with a tongue pad to take up extra space.

10. nd1nd2nd3

nd1nd2nd3 Well-Known Member

Margiela sweaters - how's the quality/durability?

11. Kensington

Kensington Well-Known Member

I think loafers in general have a looser fit. I had the same problem with my heel slipping out on hard soled loafers but it's not as much of an issue on a camp moc sole quoddy loafers I have. I think the shape of the shoe starts to bend and makes them stay on your feet a little better. You might want to try loafers with a soft sole if it fits your style.

Also, most convenience stores like CVS have heel inserts that stick to the inside of ones shoes to help with that issue.

12. cdgreg

cdgreg Well-Known Member

I did not know about the tongue pad/heel inserts. Thanks!

13. JTrent82

JTrent82 Member

Quick question: Are "wrinkle-resistant" casual shirts treated with the same chemicals that "no-iron" dress shirts are? Do they suffer from the same problems that make most SFers hate no-iron dress shirts (poor drape, breathability, etc.)? Or is their wrinkle resistant quality actually a function of the characteristics of the fiber or weave? Nearly all of the casual button-ups I see these days are wrinkle-resistant, so I really would like to know what I'm buying. Thanks in advance.

14. dan138zig

dan138zig Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pardon the pic quality but do you think this color combination is too "pretty boy"/preppy/obvious?

15. max-t

max-t Well-Known Member

anyone in the US know if you typically get hit with duties ordering from the hypebeast store?

16. maverickm

maverickm Well-Known Member

Tailor would be able to remove the bone and convert it to just the RAG :)!!!!

17. triad

triad Active Member

does anyone know from which season is this engineered garments jacket? tia
    [​IMG]

18. dan138zig

I have a dark navy sweater (pic above) that I want to wear but alas I only have indigo jeans and dark blue chinos in my wardrobe to combine it with. Do you think that combo is doable? I just don't want to be this one colored man.

Which brings me to the second question, what bottomwear should i get next that's versatile? I'm thinking of grey jeans.

Thank you.

Last edited: Feb 17, 2014
  19. maverickm

maverickm Well-Known Member

Post complete outfits with both jeans and trousers and let the experts decide :)!!!

Also black is almost always versatile and staple in any wardrobe. Light gray is less versatile and requires more careful combinations with everything (shirt, belt, outerwear, shoes and underwear [if you plan on showing them haha!!!]).

I suggest buying black or dark trouser or jeans first and then go with the shades.

Let the experts provide more suggestions!!!

20. dan138zig

I don't think a complete outfit is needed. It comes down to this question: is the combination of dark navy sweater and indigo (APC) jeans doable? It might work with light navy, but this navy is almost in the same shade as the jeans.