1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Anyone wear a size 10a edmonds?

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by JohnMS, Jun 17, 2004.

1. JohnMS

JohnMS Well-Known Member

Not affiliated with the seller, but bring up the following auction and click on the person's other auctions. $59 buy it now on the Edmonds shoes with a reasonable shipping charge. http://cgi.ebay.com/ws....18&rd=1

2. kabert

kabert Well-Known Member

I also noticed several entirely brand new w/tags Oxxford suits selling for $599. Some others for $799. 'Course, new Oxxford suits are not at all unusual on EBay.

If you want to pay $2,400 for the privilege of buying them from Neiman Marcus, well... it's your money.

3. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Well-Known Member

4. FIHTies

FIHTies Well-Known Member

You know... with a children's boutique that "competes" in the children's brands with NM, I am regularly surprised at the amount of people that know that we carry the same items at 30% less (before sale) sometimes and they STILL want to buy it at NM.

As PT Barnum said...

JJF

5. johnnynorman3

johnnynorman3 Well-Known Member

What did PT Barnum say? Was it, "A person who will pay needless markup for the privilege of trying on garments in a fully furnished dressing room is born every minute." Was that it?

6. FCS

FCS Well-Known Member

That's A. Harris's auction; what a great looking suit, too bad it's too big for me. It seems to be more loosely tailored than most Oxxford suits (some puckering around the chest and the waist).

7. FIHTies

FIHTies Well-Known Member

In other words, but thats about right... [​IMG]

8. kabert

kabert Well-Known Member

Wow, I hadn't even noticed THAT Oxxford suit.

Stunning, and incredibly priced. Plus, with that fabric (solid navy), I think one could wear the jacket and slacks separately if desired from time to time.

Now, if this was my size (pretty close actually), why on earth would I pay over $3,000 for a MTM Oxxford in the same or similar fabric (much less a RTW Oxxford at full retail) when I know from experience that a good tailor can tinker with a RTW suit to bring it to near-perfection????

Another example of how EBay is taking over the (retail) world. I look forward to the day when Bergdorf's and Barney's start their own "EBay Store".. I'm betting that day will come in the next decade.