1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Anyone know anything about financial aid?

Discussion in 'Business, Careers & Education' started by ryanlvv, Jul 12, 2011.

1. ryanlvv

ryanlvv Well-Known Member

I transferred to a school which had it's priority deadline for financial aid a month before my last school and I was told by financial aid counselors "That sucks, looks like you missed it by hours, if not minutes." How screwed am I? I'm an independent. So I know i'll get 10500-12500 in stafford loans, maybe pell grant? 5500? and maybe perkins?

usually I get like 7500 for washington state need grant, and SEOG but I doubt I'll get those since I missed it.

My COA is 24,000
    Washington State University, In-State Residency.

Thanks in advance for any info.

2. thedapperguru

thedapperguru Active Member

I don't think you're screwed. I would submit the paperwork to the government anyway. When I needed some aid for summer classes I put in the paperwork at the end of the semester and still got money. I wouldn't take no for an answer there are always ways to get around that.

3. Dorian J.

Dorian J. Active Member

You'll be fine, I think. Submit the FAFSA. You'll get the money sooner or later--probably a few months after the fall semester begins. See if your university offers a short-term loan while you wait. Most do. You can also get school loans through private lenders.