• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Any Ivy League Graduates?

robin

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Originally Posted by rach2jlc
Introduction to Queer Theory
Transgender Studies
Introduction to Song and Dance
Theatrical History 102: Vaudeville to Broadway

That's pretty good rach. You've been waiting to use that, haven't you?

ppllzz

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
of the ivies, i only like harvard, yale, princeton

mit is the best though

stanford and caltech are good, but too west coast and nouveau riche for me

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by andyliu52
of the ivies, i only like harvard, yale, princeton

mit is the best though

stanford and caltech are good, but too west coast and nouveau riche for me

Your rationale for not liking the other schools? And why is MIT the best?

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by robin
That's pretty good rach. You've been waiting to use that, haven't you?
When it comes to making fun of Conne, every post is like a parade. Yes, one of "those" kinds of parades.
Originally Posted by bluemagic
+1. I've learned never to be too quick to jump at posters for whom I don't know their full histories (because maybe he went to all of them!), but unless one actually attended all of those schools, I think it's hard to speak about "liking" or "disliking" them in any sort of objective way.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score

Not to mention that MIT, Stanford, and CalTech aren't even in the Ivy League.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
When it comes to making fun of Conne, every post is like a parade. Yes, one of "those" kinds of parades.

Is this the reason he longer posts in WAYWT?

micbain

Reaction score
I bet this thread will break down into 10+ pages of Ivy vs. Non-Ivy and then ultimately deteriorate into my Ivy school was better than your Ivy school.
smile.gif

rach2jlc

Prof. Fabulous
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
Originally Posted by micbain
my Ivy school was better than your Ivy school.
smile.gif

Well, it was.
wink.gif
Is this the reason he longer posts in WAYWT?
I think the reason is more that no clothes look normal on him. Check out one of the many pictures the boy posts of himself... he's got no ass!

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by micbain
Liberal elitist....
So, what was your favorite experience at Dartmouth? Did you know Dinesh D'Souza?

Connemara

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Introduction to Queer Theory Transgender Studies Introduction to Song and Dance Theatrical History 102: Vaudeville to Broadway Anyway, in all seriousness, one of the things that I like about SF is that it is always a healthy, but humbling, experience that is good for ALL of us. For example, no matter what the topic, there is almost always guaranteed to be a poster who knows more, has more, or IS more in just about every way. It's a healthy check for the ego and I think it's especially good when it comes to "Ivies." There are posters here who have gone to literally every "good" school in the nation/world and, while there, have done so much amazing stuff that it both amazes and infuriates you! There are also members who went to non-ivy schools who also are doing VERY well in life and got as much... or more... from their education. It's good for keeping things in perspective. Same with shoes... you think you are doing well and then aportnoy comes along. Same with literally everything around here from martial arts to workout schedules to suits to decorative walrus penises...
laugh.gif
Intro. to Historical Methods (pretty much alerady took this but they did not count the specific course
plain.gif
) Bio 101 (science requirement) Poli. Sci. 501

SField

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
i'd die for a Princeton or Yale BA. It would solidify my elitist credentials to the point of irrefutability.
icon_gu_b_slayer[1].gif

I do admire that you are not shy about being self depricating and being good natured, but I think your east coast elitist thing really is something you're almost proud of. I just do hope you realize how pathetic that could look to real elitists who do in fact fit the stereotype. I don't think one is allowed into that club with a degree from a football factory in the midwest.

kwilkinson

Having a Ball
Reaction score
Originally Posted by SField
I do admire that you are not shy about being self depricating and being good natured, but I think your east coast elitist thing really is something you're almost proud of. I just do hope you realize how pathetic that could look to real elitists who do in fact fit the stereotype. I don't think one is allowed into that club with a degree from a football factory in the midwest.

The kid knows he has no elitist credentials. It won't do any good trying to explain.

username79

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Went to state school and make a **** ton more than the ivy league grads I know.

Dosen't matter where you go, but what you do with it.

bluemagic

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Connemara
laugh.gif

Intro. to Historical Methods (pretty much alerady took this but they did not count the specific course
plain.gif
)
Bio 101 (science requirement)
Poli. Sci. 501

Do you like historiography? What is it like taking a graduate seminar? (I had a roommate who was very into that, but I never got the chance to do this. I was in one in my field for one day, but then realized I was in way above my head.)

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads