• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Another "my new apartment" thread

fredfred

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
PMd on the table. Oh... this isn't the for sale thread!

In regards to the "comfortable" black "desk" chair. It'll work as a desk chair for sitting in for maybe an hour per day. But if you sit for hours and do work at your desk, that chair will be a killer on your back/body after a couple/few weeks.

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thank you for kind comments!

Originally Posted by Toiletduck
awesome pieces! your place should be well cosy after you're all done... your liquor cabinet does look a bit lonely though!

Thanks! And yes, it's finally getting some company. (See below) Also, when the pictures are ready from the framers in a few weeks, it may actually get a bit crowded on the walls there.

Originally Posted by Tangerz
Liquor cabinet is too mirrory for my tastes, considering the other furniture - like the corner sofa has a bit of a chrome and the triple light ceiling lamp also has a bit of chrome.

Maybe they are in different rooms, in which case my comment should be thrown out of the window
laugh.gif

I see your point - the ceiling lamp is in the combined dining-room/library/office, though. The sofa and the drinks cabinet are in the same room, but in opposite corners.

Originally Posted by The Snob
Oh gosh I love that glass top table. Also, the stove and the floors are beautiful. I've definitely got "antique stove" under my list of things to buy. All in all, great pieces!

Did you decide on walls yet? I've always been a fan of the neutral-green/mint hued tones.

We decided to just keep them white - there will be enough visual clutter eventually.

Originally Posted by FromCAtoCO
The floors are great. Please keep those

Will do.

Originally Posted by fredfred
PMd on the table. Oh... this isn't the for sale thread!

In regards to the "comfortable" black "desk" chair. It'll work as a desk chair for sitting in for maybe an hour per day. But if you sit for hours and do work at your desk, that chair will be a killer on your back/body after a couple/few weeks.

Yes, I passed on it,and bought this instead:

1930s Bauhaus-style barber's chair, missing the neck support and covered in some early type of pleather:

DSC08610.jpg

DSC08606.jpg

I like the ratcheting/tilting back, I once saw an old Bentley with the same arrangement:

DSC08561.jpg
DSC08568.jpg

DSC08613.jpg
DSC08583.jpg

Ill just remove the fitting for the neck support, and have it re-upholstered to match the sofa and barstools:

DSC08572.jpg

DSC06364.jpg

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Ah, and a 300+ years old dining table for contrast:

69560-2.jpg

You can see a bit of it here:

DSC07778.jpg

Some smaller stuff: A couple of heads for the walls, one, Swedish art deco, the other presumably Chinese:

DSC08548.jpg

DSC08553.jpg

And a champagne bucket, which the seller claimed was from this airship, although I doubt it (on the other hand, the royal crown places it as pre-WWII, and I can't find any other ship that really fits):

DSC08534.jpg

DSC08536.jpg
DSC08538.jpg

Supposedly, luxuries like ice-buckets were jettisoned before the crash, and were later recovered.

It takes an Italian to bring an ice bucket on a polar expedition, I suppose.

Toiletduck

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Very cool. What is that humongous paper weight looking thingy next to your iron heater/stove?

Lucky Strike

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Toiletduck
Very cool. What is that humongous paper weight looking thingy next to your iron heater/stove?
It's a sculpture, ceramic in a terracotta/chamotte-type clay. It's made in in the late sixties, and I still can't make out the signature, after having it around for years.
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Or an Englishman. I am quite fond of your mirrored liquor cabinet. A beacon of hope.
It is! I've found a relative that was attributed to RenÃ
00a9.png
Drouet, although I doubt it. We have christened it the "Endicott":
DSC08573.jpg
Endicott keeps his body clean Endicott don't use nicotine Endicott don't drink alcohol Endicott use no drugs at all Endicott don't eat any sweet Endicott don't eat pig feet

crazyquik

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by LabelKing
Or an Englishman.

I am quite fond of your mirrored liquor cabinet. A beacon of hope.

The English hate ice.

I almost bought a pair of vintage/antique mirrored end tables because of this thread. But, they don't really go with my decor, nor do I particularly like art deco.

ozymandias

Reaction score
Looks fantastiq

radicaldog

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
This is shaping up as a great flat -- congrats.

Alfie

Reaction score
I really like the floor. Maybe some Kartell or an Eames Lounge Chair (white?) if you can afford it. I think this place has a lot of potential.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 38.2%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.0%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.0%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.5%

Staff online

Forum statistics