• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

OldManMachine

Reaction score
So I've been waiting 3-4 weeks for my brand new Vernons to arrive from AE. After a long anticipation, today was the day I was suppose to expect delivery from FedEx. However, my tracking says "delivered: left at front porch, no signature required", but I was sitting near my door all day long and even checked my security camera footage. There was no FedEx driver present on my property..... I wish AE would have requested a signature confirmation for their deliveries.

I can't help but feel peeved at this whole situation. Someone out there is enjoying my brand new black AE Vernons!! I've already called FedEx to let them know of my situation, and I'll have to wait for a follow up call tomorrow after they check back with their driver. I swear.... the FedEx drivers in my area are dyslexic and always goofing up the deliveries with the address numbers. Anyways, I'll wait to see what FedEx has to say first before I escalate the issue to AE.

*End Rant*

Last edited:

seer

Reaction score
So I've been waiting 3-4 weeks for my brand new Vernons to arrive from AE. After a long anticipation, today was the day I was suppose to expect delivery from FedEx. However, my tracking says "delivered: left at front porch, no signature required", but I was sitting near my door all day long and even checked my security camera footage. There was no FedEx driver present on my property..... I wish AE would have requested a signature confirmation for their deliveries.

I can't help but feel peeved at this whole situation. Someone out there is enjoying my brand new black AE Vernons!! I've already called FedEx to let them know of my situation, and I'll have to wait for a follow up call tomorrow after they check back with their driver. I swear.... the FedEx drivers in my area are dyslexic and always goofing up the deliveries with the address numbers. Anyways, I'll wait to see what FedEx has to say first before I escalate the issue to AE.

*End Rant*

THAT SUCKS!

OptoDoc

Reaction score

*End Rant*

I had this same thing happen to me and was growing quite aggravated and nervous that I had paid money for shoes I would never see. However, despite saying they were left at my door, they were not. The driver kept them and delivered them the next day. No worries. Hope the same for you.

ckprax

Reaction score
I thought I would share my meager collection of AE. I picked up the black PA and walnut Strands during Nordstroms anniversary sale. The CXL Bayfields and Chocolate Daltons are both seconds I bought during the Rediscovering America Sale last month. The defects in both boots were readily apparent to me but I am ok with them; both pairs have issues with the eyelet alignment and some stitching.

The whole family

My first pair of AE - Walnut Strands

Black PA

CXL Bayfields - I love the milk chocolate color. These are the perfect fall/winter boot if you mostly wear jeans and chinos.

Chocolate Daltons

All of my AEs are 10E although they all fit a little different. The strand is tight in the vamp but otherwise fits well. The PA are snug but noticeably less tight than the strands. The Bayfields fit really well right out of the box, the leather is very supple and they felt broken in from the start. The Daltons were initially tight at the start of my instep but it has loosened up nicely; even though the hayfield and dalton are on the same last they fit differently because of where the lacing starts.

Last edited:

Grytter

Reaction score
I thought I would share my meager collection of AE. I picked up the black PA and walnut Strands during Nordstroms anniversary sale. The CXL Bayfields and Chocolate Daltons are both seconds I bought during the Rediscovering America Sale last month. The defects in both boots were readily apparent to me but I am ok with them; both pairs have issues with the eyelet alignment and some stitching.

The whole family

Black PA

CXL Bayfields - I love the milk chocolate color. These are the perfect fall/winter boot if you mostly wear jeans and chinos.

Chocolate Daltons

All of my AEs are 10E although they all fit a little different. The strand is tight in the vamp but otherwise fits well. The PA are snug but noticeably less tight than the strands. The Bayfields fit really well right out of the box, the leather is very supple and they felt broken in from the start. The Daltons were initially tight at the start of my instep but it has loosened up nicely; even though the hayfield and dalton are on the same last they fit differently because of where the lacing starts.
I love those Bayfield, why did they discontinue those!?

imainish

Reaction score
Wanted to share some photos of the 3-333 last. Love the shoes and they fit perfectly, just not happy with where they are creasing.

Neumora

A738E715-orig_zpsc0e1f57e.jpg

Rutledge:

DSC_6210_zps1d0dc271.jpg

DSC_6209_zps5774a322.jpg

Parkways are creasing just fine.

Last edited:

dddrees

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The whole family

Black PA

Chocolate Daltons

Nice collection,great variety.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Wanted to share some photos of the 3-333 last. Love the shoes and they fit perfectly, just not happy with where they are creasing.
Neumora

I don't think i am completely happy with they way most of my AE's have creased, but as long as the creasing does not cause discomfort, i have learned to get over it.

The only shoes i can no longer use, due to crease discomfort is the Dalton. Sad, but it crushes and cuts into my left big toe... :confused:

pudman43

Reaction score

Neumora

Rutledge:
DSC_6210_zps1d0dc271.jpg

DSC_6209_zps5774a322.jpg

Wow, the Neumoras are nice, thanks for posting. They look pretty 'long', what size are those?

J

horsey shoes

Reaction score
Neumora

I have the same creases with my Neumoras but have gotten mostly over it as well since I really wanted a double monk strap. I believe a bourbon Neumora will be available at some point, so I may have to grab some of those as well despite the creasing issues.

clarksdb

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
They need to come out with a double monk strap with a non-square toe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads