• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

easy_golfing

Reaction score
Should I put toe taps on my Lombards or uncessary? I know they are rubber soled, but I read somewhere that the wear out fast

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Should I put toe taps on my Lombards or uncessary? I know they are rubber soled, but I read somewhere that the wear out fast

You will void the recreafting agreement if you do, just keep that in mind.

g.michael

Reaction score
Anybody have pics wearing their stock Fifth Street boots? Trying to decide if i want a pair versus park avenues.

tealsharkie

Reaction score
When I was talking to the sales associate at AE I asked about putting taps on my shoes. Hopefully she didn't provide me with bad info, but she said it should be ok and even if I wanted to have a cobbler put the half rubber soles that would be fine too. She only said I would void it if I had the leather resoled by a cobbler.

To be sure I just had a live chat with a rep on allenedmonds.com to ask if I voided the agreement. Here's some selections:

Marla: You should send them in for us to do it.
Marla: I can check if it will for sure.
Marla: I just talked with the recrafting it OK to have it done.

She didn't give me a straight answer when I asked if it's not to be done she just said:

Marla: Yyou can request it when ordering through our CAC department when you call to place an order. 1-800-235-2348.

senoreme

Reaction score
Rarely have I ever found shoes that fit me exactly the way I would like them to. I own at least 10-12 pair of AEs. Have them stretched out a size up on the sides by a cobbler, or stretch them out yourself. I invested in a good pair of shoe stretchers from shoecaresupplies.com. I use a little of the stretch fluid on the shoes, and stretch them out over night or two days when necessary. After that, you wear them and surprise. No more pain. I know a lot of gentlemen are opposed to stretching shoes. I have been doing it for years and have never damaged a pair. Stretch them out a little at a time. SUBMITGood luck.

shanh

Reaction score
VERY nice! Just got my first pair of AEs today!

shanh

Reaction score
Just received my first pair of Allen Edmonds today! I purchased the Dalton boot! Man they are very comfortable right our of the box. Wanted a classy boot
to wear with jeans and polo shirt! I think this fits the bill!

mustardontoast

Reaction score
What are the chances of finding some AE at nordstroms for $200 after Christmas?

Thanks SF (a new me)

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

What are the chances of finding some AE at nordstroms for $200 after Christmas?
chances are high. Also depends on what style you are looking for. Typically popular models such as Strands, PA, Players, Lombard etc are available. Assuming they have your size post holiday madness...

Last edited:

usctrojans31

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Anybody have pics wearing their stock Fifth Street boots? Trying to decide if i want a pair versus park avenues.

+1. I am trying to decide if it is worth the extra $50 as well to get my 12 C

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The woven leather looks great on those. I'm very much smitten by AE shoes as of late myself. My next acquisitions are most likely the Tresana and the Verona :D

I love the Tresana! The cabernet brown color is really something. These are a couple of yrs old now.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I love the Tresana! The cabernet brown color is really something. These are a couple of yrs old now.

Fantastic, its a beautiful shoe. Did you have to size down in comparison to the 5 last of the Kenilworth? I tried my topical size, but felt my heal slipping even when tightly laced, the toe box seemed too roomy as well. Also, what polish brand and color would you recommend for the cabernet brown version?

VLSI

Distinguished Member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score

Should I buy? $200 AE seconds MacNeil... could I get away with wearing these with jeans and button down shirt?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads