• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Note that the Lombard is on the executive last, which you said was not comfortable for you - also known as Last 2. The Lombards run very narrow. I am also an 11D and had to get rid of my Lombards because they were too narrow for my feet.

What's your suggestion? Should I size up?

And yes the Van Ness is a very nice shoes. I highly recommend it if you are willing to suffer the first few wears due to the last.

Lastly, what ya'lls suggestions: Lombard or Parliment? I already own strands. I am leaning towards Lombard in black as this shoe has more versatility.

Last edited:

pokey07

Reaction score
I found the Lombard in Burgundy and Parliament in brown in my size (2 for $200). I need a shoe for a business casual setting (Lombard) and a brown shoe for wearing with Navy/Charcoal suits (Parliament). Does this seem like a good deal?

dieselman89

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I found the Lombard in Burgundy and Parliament in brown in my size (2 for $200). I need a shoe for a business casual setting (Lombard) and a brown shoe for wearing with Navy/Charcoal suits (Parliament). Does this seem like a good deal?

It does to me. I would get that done.

REguy

Reaction score

gettoasty

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
My AE Clifton hurt toward the end of a long day at the side of my feet around the ball of my foot. I realize it may be too narrow, but I love them too much to trade them in. Last is probably different than the Leed's model as they are the same size, 8.5D, but Leed's last (sole) offers more breathing room.

Gosh darn-it

REguy

Reaction score
^^ I forgot about the Sanibel and Keene (suede). You might find the Hillsborough and Rush appealing too.

patrick_b

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alright, last chance to ask this question. So, PLEASE, someone try to answer this. Who makes the AE Italian collection shoes? Specifically the Verona loafer, and if possible, the Tresana from the discontinued Seven line. Some help, i beg of you all... :worship2:

Sorry I can't help but I own the Tresana as well as a J&M "Handmade in Italy" shoe from 4-5 yrs ago. No idea who makes either but they both are the same size and fit me almost exactly the same. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same mfr.

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sorry I can't help but I own the Tresana as well as a J&M "Handmade in Italy" shoe from 4-5 yrs ago. No idea who makes either but they both are the same size and fit me almost exactly the same. I wouldn't be surprised if it was the same mfr.

Did you have to size down for the Tresana, in comparison to the 5 last of the Kenilworth? I'm going try on a pair today, was not sure if I needed to go with my usual size.

spicolli1976

Reaction score
I had the same issue with my 10.5D. I just put a Scholl's insole inside (from toe to heel) and they fit perfect now. You will fill out the shoe better :slayer:

AE experts, I require your assistance. Today I received my first pair of AEs from Endless, but I'm not sure of the fit. I know it's impossible to tell how something fits on someone else's foot from a few photos, but I'm hoping if I give a key few indicators you guys might be able to assist me.

Last edited:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Allen Edmonds SA dropped the bomb on me that they are planning a sale for black Friday. He was unsure of what models or discount to expect as of yet. Any word from other sources out there?

pokey07

Reaction score
I actually spoke with them too and they said their next sale would be "around Thanksgiving," so Black Friday makes sense. No other info though.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads