• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score

No, their discounts will likely only increase as it gets closer to December 31st (the date on which they close for good).

I'm planning on swinging by next week and will report back.

That makes more sense.
Could you take a look to see what the selection of 9.5d is like?
I'll see if there's anything left the week after next week when I have time to make it to the city.

LanceM

Reaction score
Hey guys, got my replacement pair if neumoks (other pair had a bad stitch). While lacing the shoes up I noticed that the leather by the eylets aren't completely stitched together. Is this normal? Would anyone mind checking their pair?
This is just the leather flexed.

This is with the flap pulled back.

LEgoiste

Reaction score
Need sizing advice please...

I'm a size 9.5 3E on the Strands and want to get a pair of Franciscans -- should I go with same size or 10 E or 10 3E?

Thanks

JSO1

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

That makes more sense.
Could you take a look to see what the selection of 9.5d is like?
I'll see if there's anything left the week after next week when I have time to make it to the city.

Will check.

forbritisheyes

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Hi all,
Does any of you know when the next sale for AE shoes is? I was on the shoebank.com website last week( and the week before that, and the week before that...) looking at 5th Avenues and all of a sudden this week the shoes are $300 for SECONDS. Up from $200. I should have pulled the trigger. Will the prices go back down before Jan 1st?

The sale can be for 1st quality or 2nd quality.

middlepP

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Thanks, Hunter. I never would have thought of 8.5 EEE. Crazy that I'm now debating between that and a 9.5D.

P12OFIT

Reaction score
Hi all,
Does any of you know when the next sale for AE shoes is? I was on the shoebank.com website last week( and the week before that, and the week before that...) looking at 5th Avenues and all of a sudden this week the shoes are $300 for SECONDS. Up from $200. I should have pulled the trigger. Will the prices go back down before Jan 1st?

The sale can be for 1st quality or 2nd quality.

What color are you looking for? Nordstrom.com has both the black and walnut Fifth Avenues for $313.

chenzhongbi

Reaction score

Thanks, Hunter. I never would have thought of 8.5 EEE. Crazy that I'm now debating between that and a 9.5D.

Allison actually gave a similar suggestion wrt to 2-last sizing. I told her 9E 5-lasted PA fits me right though my feet measure 9.5D on Brannock device. She suggested getting 9.5E or 8.5EEE for 2-laste Eagle Country.

forbritisheyes

Timed Out
Timed Out
Reaction score
Bourbon :]

I'm wary of buying from Nordies because there have been several testimonies that the "1st quality shoes" are actually 2nds being sold at full retail price.

Trader George

Reaction score
Was in the process of polishing my shell Daltons when I ran into a slight detour...

If you plan on tipping over some cordovan polish, make sure you don't do it on a carpet..

Will get a picture of the Daltons when they're done, but I've had to put that on hold for a bit.

EDIT: Here they are. Need to do a bit more touching up tomorrow.

Last edited:

watchidiot

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
So I've wiped down my GMTO burgundy strands and AE has definitely changed their finishing for burgundy shell. I used to get a dark cherry colored polish off my burgundy shells, but now the stuff that comes off looks more like Aubergine. Anybody else noticed this?

Last edited:

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Si I've I've wiped down my GMTO burgundy strands and AE has definitely changed their finishing for burgundy shell. I used to get a dark cherry colored polish off my burgundy shells, but now the stuff that comes off looks more like Aubergine. Anybody else noticed this?
Allison confirmed to me that Paul personally decided to change the finishing on #8 shell to give it a darker color. I believe they also now use a spray application instead of polish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 37.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.3%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.7%

Staff online

Forum statistics