• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

jonesle7

Reaction score
Yes, it was a pricing a error with that coupon. They sold out in less than 20 minutes once it was discovered.

I took advantage of a similar pricing error on a pair of Sperry's earlier this week and they sold out in about 45 minutes.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

Sitting in the airport in Denver, after being stranded on the west coast for a few extra days. My Wolverine 744s are going to come in handy once I get back to PA. These are comfortable enough to travel in, with no issues whatsoever.
Nice boots, BK. Wish I had them.

DNSamurai

Reaction score
I love how people like Vincenzo, Allison, Kristle, and Mr. Graangard have become minor celebrities in this thread.

smile.gif

So some quick hits on what Vincenzo and I talked about:

- His favorite AE models are the Strand and Dalton, particularly in walnut. He loves the versatility of these shoes.

- He used to own a restaurant and did the catering for AE. They loved his food, he loved their shoes...one thing led to another.....

- He thinks the $299 shell seconds deal is absolutely insane (in a good a way, for the customer).

- He knows there is strong demand for the non-traditional shell variations (walnut, truffle, cappuccino, etc), but there just isn't any to be had. However, they are constantly working on getting some, and when they do it'll be a webgem. He said it's not likely to happen this year, but 2015 is a real possibility.

- For his next pair he is thinking about doing a bourbon and black makeup of the Delray.

That is all.

Troilus

Reaction score

Funny things is that the site states: "Order Now. Handcrafted for you in 8 Weeks." So it would appear that they are all custom orders in a sense...so why are they on clearance?

We've had this answered earlier in this thread. AE cuts leather in certain patterns but does not construct the shoe immediately in order to save space. So the shoe has to be put together, even though the materials are there. The 8 weeks is the outer bound of the time, however; I've gotten shoes in one week after putting in such an order.

ScottyBoy920

Reaction score
Thanks to AE offering some new clearance models, amazons 20% off promo, and it bein valentines day- I now have 4 pair of AEs coming in. Prob won't keep them all but definitely 2, just hope sizing works out. Decided on 11D for Elton's and 10.5D for McTavish, not sure of I should have done that. My size for the 5 last is now 11, thought it was 11.5

eilay

Reaction score
Has anyone ever felt something sharp under the heel of their AE shoe? I think that two nails are poking my heel in my PAs.

ayoungs

Reaction score
If anyone in the DC area is interested, Vincenzo's in town to help open the new store at city center. Today he's at the store on Connecticut Avenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I had a nice long chat with Vincenzo on the phone while he's covering the new store, he's a nice guy. I didn't realize the winter Olympics had some AE boots as official part of outfit (I think it was the Sun Valley's), something he talked about.

ayoungs

Reaction score
I see a bunch of new Allen Edmonds list, but no size available on shoebuy.com, the Cavanaugh for instance.
I haven't seen these anywhere else yet. Has anyone heard of these yet?

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with the Shoebank hoping to snag one more Cordovan before the sale ends (already picked up a pair of burgundy cordovan Leeds). Chris found me a pair of dark brown Dundees that are in the warehouse, he's going to confirm the stock along with having them check for no issues with the toe area for me and call me back on Tuesday. I have a pair of Clarks desert boots that need replacing so this could be the perfect solution.

Burzan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
That would be a sweet score!

Yeah, hoping for good new on Tuesday.

I am a little on the fence regarding the size. It is in an 8.5D, which is the same as my new Leeds and they fit good, but I have read about the Dundee fitting a little larger compared to other 1 last shoes. I think it would be fine though and nothing a tongue pad couldn't help with.

Jackboot

Reaction score

We've had this answered earlier in this thread. AE cuts leather in certain patterns but does not construct the shoe immediately in order to save space. So the shoe has to be put together, even though the materials are there. The 8 weeks is the outer bound of the time, however; I've gotten shoes in one week after putting in such an order.

Ahh, I see. Thanks for answering.

I ended up placing an order through the shoebank for both pairs of clearance shoes that I want (Amok chukkas in sand and Eagle County). They gave me these at 2 for $250 in advance of the sale that doesn't start for nearly 2 weeks. Very happy about that! Now hopefully the sizing works out.

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

I am a little on the fence regarding the size. It is in an 8.5D, which is the same as my new Leeds and they fit good, but I have read about the Dundee fitting a little larger compared to other 1 last shoes. I think it would be fine though and nothing a tongue pad couldn't help with. 

Tongue pad would be perfect if needed. I personally go 8.5D in the Leeds and 8E Dundee but my foot is a touch wider than longer in my size

Nakedsnake

Reaction score
Can anyone comment on sizing for the amok? I'm 12D tts in the 1-511. 12D would be ok for the amok, or should I be looking for something else?

mogili222

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I have both the Dundees and the Leeds in Shell. I also felt that the Dundees fit a tiny bit larger than the Leeds due to how different these two shoes lace. However, I don't think you would need a tongue pad in your Dundees once the cork in the sole forms to your feet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 92 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 90 36.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 26 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 41 16.7%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.5%

Forum statistics

Threads