• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

BackInTheJox

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Any chance you could take a few more photos and post them before you send them back?

I received my rush streets yesterday afternoon and I have mixed feelings. The look is just what I expected it to be but the leather around the laces and heel were in VERY poor shape. It might be hard to see because of the lighting. Also, they apparently run a half size long so they are going back as an exchange. I'm giving them another shot on the quality in a smaller size.

BlindMelons

Reaction score

I probably would look past it if they were seconds and were the right size given the location. The shoes are great looking otherwise and very comfortable. I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect better at full price.

Last edited:

DNSamurai

Reaction score
If anyone in the DC area is interested, Vincenzo's in town to help open the new store at city center. Today he's at the store on Connecticut Avenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

If anyone in the DC area is interested, Vincenzo's in town to help open the new store at city center. Today he's at the store on Connecticut Avenue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I love how people like Vincenzo, Allison, Kristle, and Mr. Graangard have become minor celebrities in this thread.

:)

BL70

Reaction score
Has anyone tried chamberlains leather milk in place of AE cleaner/conditioner? Just thought it might be more convenient to just keep one on hand.

stro

Reaction score

I probably would look past it if they were seconds and were the right size given the location. The shoes are great looking otherwise and very comfortable. I'd be lying if I said I didn't expect better at full price.

thanks for taking the time to share these. i'm between the rush street and an elgin for my next purchase and this is a particularly timely bit of info :)

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

I need a new pair of chukkas and these clearance prices seem pretty good.

Opinions on Mojave vs Amok?

Mojave ($177, crepe sole):

Amok ($147, leather sole):

I've read a few reviews which complained about the Amoks quickly developing a squeak. Does anyone know if AE have addressed the squeaking problem?

Also interested in the Amok. Can anyone comment on durability and build quality? Looks like a nice casual beater for the warmer months?

rydenfan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Also interested in the Amok. Can anyone comment on durability and build quality? Looks like a nice casual beater for the warmer months?

I love my Amoks. I tried to do an MTO recently as was told they would no longer produce them. Grab them while you can

Jackboot

Reaction score

I love my Amoks. I tried to do an MTO recently as was told they would no longer produce them. Grab them while you can

Funny things is that the site states: "Order Now. Handcrafted for you in 8 Weeks." So it would appear that they are all custom orders in a sense...so why are they on clearance?

halfnhalfnhalf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Quote: thanks for taking the time to share these. i'm between the rush street and an elgin for my next purchase and this is a particularly timely bit of info
smile.gif

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Tapatalk

Don't sleep on the Rush Street. I've seen it in person and the golden brown Chromexcel is terrific. I'm glad to see AE is moving back in the direction of CXL. If they can start using some cool colors (Color 8, navy, green, etc.), against my will I might have to go on another buying spree.

BlindMelons

Reaction score

Don't sleep on the Rush Street.  I've seen it in person and the golden brown Chromexcel is terrific.  I'm glad to see AE is moving back in the direction of CXL.  If they can start using some cool colors (Color 8, navy, green, etc.), against my will I might have to go on another buying spree.

I'd agree with this... as I stated before I really love the shoe from a looks/comfort standpoint. They are pretty sexy. I would just like to see a pair of better quality out of the box.

bkotsko

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Sitting in the airport in Denver, after being stranded on the west coast for a few extra days. My Wolverine 744s are going to come in handy once I get back to PA. These are comfortable enough to travel in, with no issues whatsoever.

OptoDoc

Reaction score

kmdsimpson

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Something's amiss here. It allows me to add them to my cart, but when I go to submit payment a message comes up saying they are out of stock. Seems like a huge discount (well over the 20% the sale mentions), so I wonder if this price is an error.

Yep, same for me. It appears to be a pricing error. $125 is a ridiculous deal!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.6%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 86 38.1%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.5%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads