• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Status
Not open for further replies.

WICaniac

Reaction score
I wear 12D/E and 11.5E in the 5-last shoes, and 11.5E in the Dalton. Shoe Bank suggested I try 11EEE in the Long Branch, and they fit just fine. So I would think you could do 10EEE or 10.5E in the Long Branch.

What kind of sock do you wear with them? I wear an 11E in most AE lasts, but it provides a rather snug fit allowing only for dress socks. I'd like to be able to wear a thin boot sock with the Long Branches and think (from your advice) that I should try a 10.5 EEE. Do you have any trouble with heel slippage, and is the length comparable to your shoes?

bespoken pa

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Sporting my shell Walnut McNeils today. Man I love these shoes.

My favorite make up ever. If walnut shell was still available I would have copied it.

WICaniac

Reaction score

My favorite make up ever. If walnut shell was still available I would have copied it.

Am I correct in understanding that all of the non-standard shell colors for MTOs are gone forever (or at least the foreseeable future)?

mdubs

The Mayor of Aldensville
Reaction score

I think all three of us should be getting our cappuccino shoes right around the same time.....did we all get Macneils?  lol

Yep, I think we all got the MacNeils. Whoever gets them first, please post the pictures! Can't wait to see them in flesh. 

I ordered Jeffersons. Not all MacNeils... I recently got Alden Whiskey and Ravello LWBs, so I decided to go short winged.

GOP Shoe Guy

Reaction score
Am I correct in understanding that all of the non-standard shell colors for MTOs are gone forever (or at least the foreseeable future)?

Sadly, you are correct. (For the foreseeable future)

peppercorn78

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I received my cappuccino strands MTO. Was so excited I went home instead of going to lunch to open the box. However was very underwhelmed when I tried them on. While they look great, the fit on the left shoe is off. Even after lacing there is a gap wide enough on both sides , to stick a finger in. Here is a pic of the left shoe. It looks like bowing.not acceptable for firsts. I'm quite disappointed.

Here is the right foot.

Also just notice the welt is dark brown, whereas I ordered it with Chili. smh. Today was a sad day......

I don't know if you have reached out to AE yet, and I think they should do something if they didn't color your welt in the color you ordered. However, I'd venture to say that the bowing is because of your foot and how the 5-last fits you, rather than an issue with the shoe itself.

MoneyWellSpent

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
The marks aren't the issue. It is the stitching that protrudes outside of the channel. It shouldn't be a big deal and I will keep them, but it is a little sloppy...only on one.

I wish AE would increase their quality level with the welt/sole stitching. Crooked stitches are pretty normal these days, regardless of firsts/seconds status. AE's from just a few years ago have substantially nicer looking stitching and they used to use more stitches per inch, so they looked tighter as well.

tifosi

Tire Kicker
Reaction score

I think all three of us should be getting our cappuccino shoes right around the same time.....did we all get Macneils?  lol

We sure did!

I'm hoping to get my cappuccino Leeds, first!

OptoDoc

Reaction score
I just realized that the father of this thread, Mild Mannered, is listed as banned.

Does anyone know what he did to get the axe?

tampatravel

Reaction score
I just realized that the father of this thread, Mild Mannered, is listed as banned.

Does anyone know what he did to get the axe?
I'm pretty sure he denounced the Mac Method
nod[1].gif

In all seriousness though...I was wondering the same thing.

JezeC

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Hey fellas,

How long does it take to process a refund for seconds?

I returned a second quality pair and was charged $10 for the restocking fee. The restocking fee was already posted to my credit card about a week ago, but when do I actually get the credit for the returned shoes? Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 89 37.7%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 88 37.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 38 16.1%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 37 15.7%

Forum statistics

Threads