1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread - reviews, pictures, sizing, etc...

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by Mild Mannered, Sep 27, 2009.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. devastitis

devastitis Well-Known Member

I'm sure others were able to find better deals, but I picked a couple up at the AE retail store when they were having a 15% off sale, and the rest I found off of eBay for 20% off + used eBay bucks as well.

2. evilWagon

evilWagon Well-Known Member

No ones ever confirmed 2nds belts beat I got was 15% off first belts.

3. nhindian

nhindian Well-Known Member

So for future sales, does AE do an email blast to their subscriber list?

I was a few days late to this one and missed out on a few things I really wanted so I would like to be prepared for next time!

4. evilWagon

evilWagon Well-Known Member

Watch this thread word went out weeks before the sale.

5. jebarne

jebarne Well-Known Member

I think today is the final day..

6. mavrik13

mavrik13 Active Member

Finally managed to make an order with the 2/250. I personally prefer getting the lists of shoes vs. the website (I was only ever able to use it in the early morning, presumably because the server is getting overworked). Interestingly, a bunch of shoes listed as 'closeout' ~1 month ago when the first news of the sale leaked out are no longer 'closeout' models, which is a bummer.

Anyhow, managed to snag an Elgin and a Burgandy Clifton in 13E. I was really hoping for a brown distressed McTavish to wear as a casual shoe, but unfortunately the pair they had was apparently not worth it (always worthwhile to ask them to lay eyes on the product, especially those of us up in Canada as the shipping is expensive!). I already have a walnut Sanford, which is pretty similar to the Elgin, but at that price I couldn't pass it up.

Some pics I grabbed from the internet:
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Hope everyone else gets what they wanted from the 2/250!

1 person likes this.
  7. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Well-Known Member

8. BespokeBrooklyn

BespokeBrooklyn Well-Known Member

9. wonsmithr8

wonsmithr8 Well-Known Member

10. YoungSweet

YoungSweet Well-Known Member

Running errands with recently acquired Brown Shell Dundees today
    [​IMG]

2 people like this.
  11. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

Those are absolutely awesome YS! -M

12. tjyoung

tjyoung Well-Known Member

For those of you with narrow feet, do you use small shoe trees to fill your shoes? I had a collection of large JAB/AE shoe trees that were too big and were too wide to fit in the toe box. So I replaced them all with mediums. These are still too big. Wondering if I should go with the smalls or if I should break out a sander to sand down the sides...any ideas?

13. mdubs

mdubs Well-Known Member

What size are you?

14. rmspawn

rmspawn Well-Known Member

Is anyone interested in buying a brand new pair of these (Brown Shell Dundees) in size 9D for $500? I had a pair custom made a while back and they have been sitting in my closet since. They are Flawless, first-quality shoes. Pics are available, but I am posting here hoping to avoid the classifieds section.

15. Septimus

Septimus Well-Known Member

Last edited: Mar 23, 2014
  16. cincikid

cincikid Well-Known Member

1 person likes this.
  17. mavrik13

mavrik13 Active Member

The pic isn't mine, I found it on the web. That being said, I will be putting a Topy on mine as I do with all my shoes. I do a ton of walking on concrete, and I also work in a hospital where leather soled shoes are not the greatest idea.

1 person likes this.
  18. Indyoshi68

Indyoshi68 Well-Known Member

In the wild:
    [​IMG]
    And at home:
    [​IMG]
    As an aside, I wore today with my BOURBON MANISTEE...
    [​IMG]
    Was this sacrilege? It looked great (to me, at least).
    Belt was barely seen, but it still looks passable. Thoughts?

I saw this question yesterday, about how the manistee can be used; this will make three shoes the bourbon works with - six shoes work with walnut version.

19. polojock615

polojock615 Well-Known Member

Behold the wonderfulness that is Allen Edmonds MTO:

[​IMG]

Seven of the nine are from the current MTO program. From left to right:

1. Brown Chromexcel Bayfield. I had a pair in 12E, but with the Poron insole, it was way too tight. Turns out I needed a 12.5 EEE, but it was not a standard size. These are stock.
    2. Black sharkskin Eagle County with a v-tread tap sole. Pretty straightforward, and one of the last Eagle County pairs at the $197 sale price.
    3. Black sharkskin Clifton. One of the two that did not come from the current MTO program. Sherman Brothers helped me get these before Allen Edmonds had an MTO option for the SF consumer.
    4. Chili/brown sharkskin Shelton. These were made from the only brown and chili sharkskin they had. There is no more.
    5. Walnut shell cordovan Mac Neil with natural welt and edge dressing. These are the pair that started the current craze.
    6. Walnut shell cordovan/cappuccino shell cordovan Shelton. Two rare colors of shell in one.
    7. Cappuccino shell McAllister. I didn't get these when they were webgems. Same exact makeup.
    8. Burgundy shell Lexington with natural welt and edge dressing and Independence insole.
    9. Black calf Wendell. The other that did not come through the current MTO program. Retired style at the time, but Paul himself helped me get them made.

My overall experience with the MTO program has been amazing. First Deborah and then Allison - their customer service has been top-notch and they have been patient and helpful every step of the way. I am thoroughly pleased with all of the shoes.

In addition to these, I also had three Neumoks made during the original custom Neumok run:
    [​IMG]

Additionally, I have some older MTOs I bought off eBay. They are the two on the left, made of real American Gator:
    [​IMG]

5 people like this.
  20. halfnhalfnhalf

halfnhalfnhalf Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

1 person likes this.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.