• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Damn. Not sure I can justify NOT picking up a Dalton if that's true.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

An after hours shot of the Fullertons. Gaming with the kids. Can you tell I like these shoes?

RichieP

Reaction score

I misread "tucking" and thought, "what does that have to do with a matching belt?" Deviant.

Here you go...

http://www.allenedmonds.com/accesso...2197-20#srule=price-low-to-high&sz=18&start=7

There have been some amazing pictures in the last few weeks and I'm going to have to go back through and give reputation on quite a few.
Girl update, still haven't had the "talk." I think she has some hybrid form of bronchitis and pneumonia. I'm not going near that...

Ummm.... Her name's not Hillary, is it? :crackup:

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Just visited my local AE store and they told me that cordovan shoes will be 15% off during the RDA Sale.

That's great, but did he happen to say when the RDA sale would take place?

JLC2

Reaction score
How do you guys handle shoes and travel?

I'm new to proper shoes, but not to travel.

Here's my dilemma, I finally have my starter-set of AE's and am about to spend a week away at a conference and in meetings. In the past, I would have tried to wear one pair and pack another that goes with a bunch of outfits.

Now, I'd like to not wear a good pair too many days in a row, and I'd also like to be out in my new shoes.

I won't be wearing any suits. It will be chinos and jeans with shirts most of the time, a few meetings will call for a sportcoat.

I can make a case for the navy neumok, the natty HM, and the walnut strands. But that seems like a lot of shoes...

It's a 5 hour direct flight.

My usual flying shoes are a pair of vans or some Clarks driving mocossins.

Any suggestions?

The boots might be a bit much for a long-ish flight, but also large to pack.

Do you guys bring trees for each pair?

Marc S

Reaction score
Hey guys, could I get your opinion on how well this Manistee belt matches either of these AEs?

Mora:

Strand:

Both:

Interestingly enough, the Strand and Manistee are both Walnut and the Mora's Bourbon. Is that what you would have guessed from these photos?

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
@JLC2: Wear the Neumoks, pack the Strands. One pair of trees, to be in whatever shoes you wore that day. You can use lightweight/plastic trees if you don't want to bring cedar.

Last edited:

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys, could I get your opinion on how well this Manistee belt matches either of these AEs?

Mora:

Strand:

Both:

Interestingly enough, the Strand and Manistee are both Walnut and the Mora's Bourbon. Is that what you would have guessed from these photos?

Yup. Belt looks in between but still walnut. I'd use it for both.

Last edited:

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Hey guys -- hoping to get some advice on finding a belt to buy that matches my new Bainbridge shoes exclusive to Nordstrom. I'll be wearing these probably exclusively with jeans, so a more casual style belt is preferred. The belt could be AE, but could be from somewhere else too. I went to my local Nordstrom rack, and didn't even get close, so I'm hoping you guys can help! Here's a stock picture and a "real world" picture of them. (Though, I will say, the stock photo is pretty accurate) Thanks!
I saw that some Montana belts just popped back up the clearance section, including your size 34. It may not look like your size is there at first. If not, click on one of the other sizes and it should show up. And if that doesn't work, try calling a store.

Marc S

Reaction score
Yup. Belt looks in between but still walnut. I'd use it for both.

Thanks. Better question....would that belt be something I could wear with both? The more I think about it the less I am in love with the heavy brouging on the Manistee...think a plain Walnut belt might fit me better. But color wise, I'm thinking that Manistee could pass with both shoes...maybe?

Decisions, decisions.

I guess long story short I'm contemplating getting a Walnut Dearborn belt or a darker Walnut plain belt to wear with both. Or maybe, a Bourbon Dearborn to wear with both...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads