• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Middlife

Reaction score
Over my lunch break, I looked at the ShoeBank's inventory in size 9D, to browse potential birthday presents for a friend of mine. As someone who wears a very unusual size, I was blown away by the number and variety of styles available in more normal sizes; I had assumed that, the more popular the size, the more picked over the inventory would be. Black pebble grain McNeils, chili MacGregors, snuff suede Gobis, brown McGraws or Patriots, the merlot collection. . . one could assemble a solid rotation for five or six hundred bucks.
I have experienced this same feeling and as envious as I am of the selection, I can only imagine the extra damage that would be done to my wallet. Maybe we should consider ourselves lucky.

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Why do I find myself wanting the Neumok Acorn Hilfire so much? Is it the shoe's casual nature? Is it because it's a Nordstrom exclusive model and, thus, somewhat rare? Is it the fact that it's on sale for $199.90 and they have my size in stock? Is it because the pictures posted by @SLCRich make them look so good? The answer is, "All of the above."

Last edited:

RichieP

Reaction score

Thank ya, sir. They look pretty awesome. Also debating the brown suede Strandmonks  on clearance as I dont have any suede shoes. Decisions.....decisions...

Oh - were you able to find a good matching belt for the gold color? 

Well, you know the correct answer around here is "both."

Have not looked for a matching belt, I'm in my not tucking in shirts rebellious phase.

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

aa07e92db85fa7ed192863c49208722a.jpg

Good evening, Gents. This is a picture of my Lake Shore Drives after my cat finished with them. I'm looking for a little positive reinforcement here. These shoes are still wearable, right? The damage can't be repaired, I realize. But I want to believe that with a good cleaning they would be presentable.

What's everyone think?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well?
How did these turn out?

St Hubbins

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Also debating the brown suede Strandmonks on clearance as I dont have any suede shoes. Decisions.....decisions...

As one who has recently added his first pair of suede shoes, albeit lined unlike the Strandmoks, I say you need some suede.

Not quite the Strandmoks, but pretty similar. In the words of Ricky Butler, "Go for it, Mr. Peterson! Yes!"

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote: I happened to look at the same 9D in the bank today for my son. I filtered according to price, lowest first, and there were right at 150 choices that are $150 or less. Yes, a lot of damage potential.

smfdoc

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
Quote:
I have to agree. I have a single pair of suede MacNeils that I just wore two days ago. Every time I am reminded of their great looks and buttery soft suede. They are certainly a keeper in my wardrobe. Go ahead and get them. But get some with some style and steer away from a plain shoe like the Boone.

BespokeBrooklyn

Reaction score
Are those snuff, or brogue? Allen Edmonds's official eBay store has remainder brogue suede Strand "firsts" for $179, which are awfully tempting, but there has to be a reason why that color was discontinued and snuff was reintroduced.

Suede Strands and corduroy.

Last edited:

ScofieldReturns

Reaction score
Are those snuff, or brogue? Allen Edmonds's official eBay store has remainder brogue suede Strand "firsts" for $179, which are awfully tempting, but there has to be a reason why that color was discontinued and snuff was reintroduced.

As someone with a pair in the brogue color from way back, I gotta say I'm very unhappy with the quality of suede. They are stiff and poor quality (poor nap, don't clean well/easily). Once this pair wears out (and it will wear out fast due to said poor quality), they are not getting replaced. It sounds like AE suede quality has improved since then so that's good to hear.

Southwick

Reaction score
aa07e92db85fa7ed192863c49208722a.jpg

Good evening, Gents. This is a picture of my Lake Shore Drives after my cat finished with them. I'm looking for a little positive reinforcement here. These shoes are still wearable, right? The damage can't be repaired, I realize. But I want to believe that with a good cleaning they would be presentable.

What's everyone think?

Well?
How did these turn out?

Actually, not too bad. The damage is done, but I've been applying lotion over the past few days. I will post pictures as soon as I can. Thanks for asking!

mreams99

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Brogue suede, Dainite sole.
I think they're great!

naspratt

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Have not looked for a matching belt, I'm in my not tucking in shirts rebellious phase.

I misread "tucking" and thought, "what does that have to do with a matching belt?" Deviant.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
There have been some amazing pictures in the last few weeks and I'm going to have to go back through and give reputation on quite a few.
Girl update, still haven't had the "talk." I think she has some hybrid form of bronchitis and pneumonia. I'm not going near that...
Life update, I now have as many bottles of cologne as I do pairs of shoes. I'm really starting to enjoy going full adult. Nice looking clothing, great looking shoes, and smell good. I'm basically broke but I don't feel broke :)

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Over my lunch break, I looked at the ShoeBank's inventory in size 9D, to browse potential birthday presents for a friend of mine. As someone who wears a very unusual size, I was blown away by the number and variety of styles available in more normal sizes; I had assumed that, the more popular the size, the more picked over the inventory would be. Black pebble grain McNeils, chili MacGregors, snuff suede Gobis, brown McGraws or Patriots, the merlot collection. . . one could assemble a solid rotation for five or six hundred bucks.

You stay out of that 9d area, ya hear?!?

Newberry

Reaction score
Just visited my local AE store and they told me that cordovan shoes will be 15% off during the RDA Sale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 91 37.8%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 89 36.9%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 25 10.4%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 40 16.6%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 38 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads