1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Allen Edmonds Appreciation Thread 2016 - News, Pictures, Sizing, Accessories, Clothing, etc

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by watchidiot, Feb 12, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

I've been asking about Rancort sizing, specifically their 115 last because of the shell Porter Boots that are on pre-sale. The advice I've been given is Rancourt tends to run TTS and to use what I would in my other "dress shoes". I'm really not satisfied with that information.

A Rancourt rep said to use their sizing tool (a print out you use to measure your foot). I find those things sketchy, but I guess I'll try.

I may just end up passing on them since I can't get any good direct comparisons to any of AE's shoes I own.

2. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

All I know is the Loden on my Dundee's is not the same as the Loden on my Sea Islands. To be honest the pictures of Saukville don't look like either.

Its weird that AE didn't list any info on the suede like Janus, Rapello etc. They usually give some more info.

3. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

Apologies for the double post.

Last edited: Nov 20, 2016
  4. Middlife

Middlife Well-Known Member

That's a nice looking boot. Do they do special orders? I really like the Byron boot and I wonder if they could make it in black shell.

5. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

I suppose you can ask. They have a custom program, but no shell options. Yet I don't see why not.

6. BagleyBrown

BagleyBrown Well-Known Member

Last edited: Nov 21, 2016
  7. Kahuna75

Kahuna75 Well-Known Member

From the good ole MTO days...Nuemok olive green with olive suede shaft...tap lug sole built on the Shaker Heights. Only thing I wish I had gone with split welt... Does AE still offer this sole?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2 people like this.
  8. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

Now, those would have made for a GREAT Limited BF item. Or regular production model for that matter. Maybe in a Dark Chili/Brouge and Tan/Snuff to round out the options. Are you listening AE?

Instead we got the Brisbane, Newberg and that awful shoe that only lasted a week or two who's name my brain has mercifully purged from its records.

9. ace13x

ace13x Well-Known Member

To be fair they did also make the Higgins Mill.

10. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

Massdrop doing a boot with J. FitzPatrick and while I have no use for boots they look good and well priced. Outside of CJ/Carmina it is another line I've been interested in trying out given it is also GYW and look good.

1 person likes this.
  11. 007Bond

007Bond Well-Known Member

So QQ I do plan to pick up the brown and blue Neumoks (1.0) this week once they go on sale for $99.

That said I have this high instep issue with many balmoral style shoes either large V gap or very tight over the vamp killing my foot with pain.

So I do have the JB mok on the 65 last and it fits well for it's style, V gap is half inch or less, and fits is great.

That said the Numok is also the same style on the same last.

The question is before I pull the trigger on 2 shoes in 10D the same as my JB can anyone that currently owns both a Neumok (1.0) and the JB confirm the fits is mostly identical.

12. 007Bond

So QQ I do plan to pick up the brown and blue Neumoks (1.0) this week once they go on sale for $99.

That said I have this high instep issue with many balmoral style shoes either large V gap or very tight over the vamp killing my foot with pain.

So I do have the JB mok on the 65 last and it fits well for it's style, V gap is half inch or less, and fits is great.

That said the Numok is also the same style on the same last.

The question is before I pull the trigger on 2 shoes in 10D the same as my JB can anyone that currently owns both a Neumok (1.0) and the JB confirm the fits is mostly identical.

13. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

I have the blue neumok 1.0 and the JBM, to me they fit the same. Hope that helps. Mine are both 9E.

14. 007Bond

I agree I really like the color of the Burgundy and you are correct the price seems extremity good compared to the standard retail.

I have no experience past AE so I'm really in the dark for other brands.

15. MattRiv

MattRiv Well-Known Member

These are sweet. Basically a EG Galway mock up, but a bal. Looks like materials are of excellent quality, including museum calf for the brown. Would jump on this if it fit a need in your wardrobe.

16. MattRiv

MattRiv Well-Known Member

J FitzPatrick is the Shoe Snob... I've personally never seen his shoes but I've followed his blog for quite some time and can say that he has a lot of respect for shoes so I would assume he has put a lot of work into making sure his brand meets his personal requirements. I'm sure these boots will be an outstanding value.

1 person likes this.
  17. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

While I have no personally tried them yet, it has been stated they are better quality than AE. I have also followed his blog and would agree he would not sell something that did not meet his standards. He is pretty active on his board too if you want to ask him questions about the brand.

1 person likes this.
  18. 007Bond

I am tempted but with my high arch and these in UK size and no chance of return or exchange the risk seems to high. I posted on the MassDrop and someone replied that they don't think any boots from J FitzPatrick will fit a high arch person that his boots are mostly for flat footed ppl.

That is the good part about AE easy returns I have a retail store 3 min from work and a shoebank 20 min from work.

1 person likes this.
  19. M635Guy

M635Guy Well-Known Member

Quote:I have both (wearing the bluneu's today in fact) and would say the fit is pretty much the same, though the leather on my JBM's is a lot softer/more forgiving. I also have a pretty high instep, and I'm moving to E widths.

20. M2511

M2511 Well-Known Member

Consider messaging him here on styleforum or post in the J FitzPatrick thread. He will certainly answer any questions you might have.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.