• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Sargent (formerly Alfred Sargent) Appreciation Thread

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I wear 6.5/7E EG 82/888; I am a 6F on most AS lasts (6.5F on the 99).

Thanks DpprDr.  Curious about the 99, I thought the 99 is wider/rounder than 109 so why the need to size up?

It really depends on your feet, I have wide feet, so I sized up 109s same as 99.

barky

Reaction score
It really depends on your feet, I have wide feet, so I sized up 109s same as 99.

I am a bit confused now. So, if I am 6FUK on the 109, what should I be getting in the 82/888 and 808, 6E or 6.5E? I am eyeing the Walcott which some retailers are stocking on the 82/888 but according to EG's catalog, they are on the 808.

NAMOR

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Northampton21

Reaction score
Alfred Sargent Holburns arrived the other day made on the 87 last. I absolutely love this boot cause of its versatility. The leather quality is beautiful plus this last just seems like it was made for my feet :)

They came from Richard and Michelle the 'Shoe Healers'...I would like to highly recommend them for their superb service and passion for what they do.

Look forward to enjoying these babies!
Hannovers next to the Holburns

Yowzer

Reaction score
The Moore went out of the house and into the office today for the first time. Felt very good but it developed a heel squeak much later in the day, which became quite prominent no matter how I walked.

An issue with the shoe length being a tad too long perhaps? I've heard talcum powder or cornstarch may help. Does anyone have any ideas? But dang, still very happy with the buy....

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Moore went out of the house and into the office today for the first time. Felt very good but it developed a heel squeak much later in the day, which became quite prominent no matter how I walked. An issue with the shoe length being a tad too long perhaps? I've heard talcum powder or cornstarch may help. Does anyone have any ideas? But dang, still very happy with the buy....
Nice shoes indeed.

kev777

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Alfred Sargent Holburns arrived the other day made on the 87 last. I absolutely love this boot cause of its versatility. The leather quality is beautiful plus this last just seems like it was made for my feet :)

They came from Richard and Michelle the 'Shoe Healers'...I would like to highly recommend them for their superb service and passion for what they do.

Look forward to enjoying these babies!
Hannovers next to the Holburns

Would echo the service/passion of the guys at Shoehealer, truly exceptional service !! :slayer:

JubeiSpiegel

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The Moore went out of the house and into the office today for the first time. Felt very good but it developed a heel squeak much later in the day, which became quite prominent no matter how I walked.

An issue with the shoe length being a tad too long perhaps? I've heard talcum powder or cornstarch may help. Does anyone have any ideas?

Can you locate where the squeaking is coming from?

I had GGs that squeaked at the edge of the heel counter, quite loudly too. Squeaked when you pressed on the spot too. Those needed to be repaired to fix the problem.

Maybe it's just the heels in your case. Not sure if length factors in though...

emptym

Reaction score
Was posting these in another thread, and realized I never posted them here.
Here they are when new.

They're about eight months old now:

Last edited:

clee1982

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score

Here they are when new.

Nice, though that's some real tall shaft boot (or just the picture)

wurger

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Here they are when new.

http://www.styleforum.net/content/type/61/id/883324/width/350/height/700[/IMG[/SPOILER][/QUOTE]

Nice, though that's some real tall shaft boot (or just the picture)[/QUOTE]

Beautiful, are they hard to put on and take off, that is the sole reason for my lack of boots....

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.4%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.3%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.6%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 35 15.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.9%

Forum statistics

Threads