• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Paul Sargent (formerly Alfred Sargent) Appreciation Thread

Jim Profit

Reaction score
Lovely shoes scurvyfreedma, beutiful color on the More and the G&G Westbury is just pure awesomenes :D

Can you do a side by side of the 724 and the 48 last?

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Lovely shoes scurvyfreedma, beutiful color on the More and the G&G Westbury is just pure awesomenes :D

I'll post when I get home. The G&Gs aren't mine. Unfortunately. I just collect pics of Adelaides. I have C&Js Westbournes and the two AS above.

scurvyfreedman

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Here are the Blake in a 7.5 on the 48 and the Moore in an 8 on the 724.

Both from AFPOS. The Moore in burgundy - in stock on the site. The Blake in burnished oak and finished to exclusive standard, not handgrade. I really like the deep color of the burnished oak toe cap. Just got back from a trip and haven't swapped out my travel trees.

I said I prefer the 724, but that's really because it fits better on my foot. The shape of the 48 is slightly more pleasing to my eye.

Dembowski

Reaction score
The "first date" with AS Radwell in Oak from AFPOS. I can say that Radwell seem to be very happy, especially, that I took them to Riga
biggrin.gif

NWTeal

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

The "first date" with AS Radwell in Oak from AFPOS. I can say that Radwell seem to be very happy, especially, that I took them to Riga :D  

Those look to be a really good fit for you! They are like leather socks on the across the instep. Trousers look sharp as well.

hoit1981

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I got in touch with Richard the Shoehealer about the possibility of Mr. Alfred recreating these desert chukka boots. He contacted them, and although it's not a style they currently offer, they would indeed be willing to do it as a GMTO. If anyone is interested, I'm proposing we simply recreate it thusly:

Alfred Sargent for Ralph Lauren
Style name: Holburn
Unlined suede (either snuff or mid-brown)
Natural crepe sole
Antique storm welt

Price would be approx. £340 inc. VAT, or £283 exc. VAT ($429). Shipping included.

Richard would pick up some of the orders, we would likely need 6 (me + 5 others) to get it going.

PM me with questions.

Photos thanks to @SuitedDx

width

Dembowski

Reaction score
Thank you all of you for nice comments. I fully agree Radwell are really nice.

mljs54

Reaction score
Does anyone know if any stores in NYC stock AS Exclusives?

mljs54

Reaction score

TtownMD

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Staff online

Forum statistics