1. Welcome to the new Styleforum!

We hope you’re as excited as we are to hang out in the new place. There are more new features that we’ll announce in the near future, but for now we hope you’ll enjoy the new site.

We are currently fine-tuning the forum for your browsing pleasure, so bear with any lingering dust as we work to make Styleforum even more awesome than it was.

Oh, and don’t forget to head over to the Styleforum Journal, because we’re giving away two pairs of Carmina shoes to celebrate our move!

Please address any questions about using the new forum to support@styleforum.net

Cheers,

The Styleforum Team

Dismiss Notice

Alfie - Jude Law's Suits

Discussion in 'Classic Menswear' started by kingdoz, Nov 28, 2004.

1. kingdoz

kingdoz New Member

Hi Guys, DOes anyone know what suits alfie had in the movie. I know the black one is from Gucci, but he had a stunning pinstriped one, and so far I have not seen such a great suit/cut anywhere. This is the one in particular...Alfies Suit Would appreciate any help. If not that same suit, then makes of suit with a very SIMILAR cut. Thanks

2. Nick M

Nick M Well-Known Member

This link suggests that at least some of the suits were made by Martin Margiela.

3. drizzt3117

drizzt3117 Well-Known Member

I thought that suggested the suits were made by Boateng:

"a black, handmade tailored suit and a daring pink shirt from the talented English designer Osward Boateng."

4. amirrorcrackd

amirrorcrackd Well-Known Member

I haven't seen the movie, so what I say should be taken with a grain of salt, but I feel like whoever made the suits, they were all re-cut by a tailor to specifically fit Jude Law the way they wanted them to. I wouldn't be surprised if some of them were dramatically reshaped.

Dan

5. Brian SD

Brian SD Well-Known Member

amirrorcrackd, I think he just wears the suits a size too small so they are super fitted. He says in the beginning of the movie that the black suit is made by Gucci, I could have sworn. The pinstripe suit looks like a Margiela to me, but it's worn kind of badly because it's so damn tight. It was driving me nuts, I can't imagine how much range of motion Jude Law actually has in that without ripping the seams.

6. Ambulance Chaser

Ambulance Chaser Well-Known Member

In the December 2004 issue of GQ, Law says that he deliberately wore the suits a size too small to create the impression that Alfie had bought the suits on sale because he didn't have the means to support his image.

7. kingdoz

kingdoz New Member

well if he bought the suits too small... he certainly started an new image. seen quite a few alfie wanabees on the streets if london now with very tight suits that seem as if they will rip apart if they even move thier arms ever so slightly...

8. Mr Chu

Mr Chu New Member

Just wanted to dig up an old thread to show that skinny is in!

9. Henry Carter

Henry Carter Well-Known Member

Lol. How does digging up a thread from 9 years ago show that skinny is in now?

10. Mr Chu

Mr Chu New Member

I guess since people were criticising the look. And now skinny is the standard in the fashion world. Unless of course if you're grossly overweight, then skinny is not "in." haha