• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

9th Annual Thrift Thread Gift Exchange Unveiling

Jackstraw001

Reaction score
Big shoutout to @330CK for a delectable box of treats from sunny Florida along with a great letter explaining each item and why he included it! Mrs J and eldest son intently watched the reveal and immediately dug into the goodies. Do yourself a favor and track down some of the Mahi dip if you can -- that stuff is culinary crack! The tortilla chips have an incredible seasoning on them...not overwhelming but enough to really accentuate the flavor of whatever you're eating! The salsa is lights out, plus there's a great story behind it! Don't know how he knew it but the Jackstraw family are hot sauce aficionados so he included a couple varieties for us. And finally, some local honey which we actually collect. We're planning to get some bee hives this spring and hope to produce some our own honey very soon. Thanks so much @330CK, this was a great treat!

Also, big thanks to @HansderHund and @drlivingston for once again organizing a great Thriftmas!

Photo Jan 07, 4 22 08 PM.jpg

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Big shoutout to @330CK for a delectable box of treats from sunny Florida along with a great letter explaining each item and why he included it! Mrs J and eldest son intently watched the reveal and immediately dug into the goodies. Do yourself a favor and track down some of the Mahi dip if you can -- that stuff is culinary crack! The tortilla chips have an incredible seasoning on them...not overwhelming but enough to really accentuate the flavor of whatever you're eating! The salsa is lights out, plus there's a great story behind it! Don't know how he knew it but the Jackstraw family are hot sauce aficionados so he included a couple varieties for us. And finally, some local honey which we actually collect. We're planning to get some bee hives this spring and hope to produce some our own honey very soon. Thanks so much @330CK, this was a great treat!

Also, big thanks to @HansderHund and @drlivingston for once again organizing a great Thriftmas!

View attachment 1533774

relieved it got there safely. I was biting my nails the whole time. very glad it was well-received as well. merry thriftmas!

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
Huge thanks to @Zerase for the Swedish care package! My girlfriend and I tried all of the different candies earlier - all were delicious (okay maybe not the djungelvral...not sure how you guys eat that :laugh:). The Inis Meain will get a ton of wear, thank you again!

View attachment 1533869

I guess salted black licorice is an acquired taste but I grew up w it and there’s nothing that cures an upset stomach faster for me than that

drlivingston

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I guess salted black licorice is an acquired taste but I grew up w it and there’s nothing that cures an upset stomach faster for me than that
I can drink Sambuca or absinthe. But, chewing on black licorice is something that I can not do.

330CK

Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
I can drink Sambuca or absinthe. But, chewing on black licorice is something that I can not do.

wuss

Go easy on the licorice fellas

huh I guess that’s why my mom limited me to a few pieces at a time

Zerase

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I’m glad it finally arrived! Djungelvrål is indeed an acquired taste, I, like many swedes love it. Be sure to make some tasty meatballs with my grandma’s recipe. Much better than the Italian meatballs in tomato sauce ?

wumpyfish

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From Austria with love, starring @HansderHund , Trousers, pocket squares galore, wide assortment of condiments and chocolates all hit the sartorial and culinary spot. Plus a donation in my name to his local animal shelter. Well worth waiting a month clearing customs and very much appreciated, danke schön my friend.
hans2.jpg

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
From Austria with love, starring @HansderHund , Trousers, pocket squares galore, wide assortment of condiments and chocolates all hit the sartorial and culinary spot. Plus a donation in my name to his local animal shelter. Well worth waiting a month clearing customs and very much appreciated, danke schön my friend.
View attachment 1535322

Glad it finally made it! That package just got hung up in customs for the longest time. I hope you like the foods, I really tried to add clothes but weäve been locked down for so long, it was tough to scrounge things together. Nearly all of the food was made within 20 minutes of my house, so hopefully that's somewhat special!

I'll continue to donate to the animal shelter, they have a special place in my heart and your wish list was a good reminder to me!

All the best to you and your family!

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I wanted to share this on here:

Screenshot 2021-01-22 at 16.14.30.png

Normally the donation takes place in early December, but I was waiting to see whether StyleForum would do some sort of auction/drive. It didn't go through this year, so I had to figure out a way to get the USD in my PayPal to the Ronald McDonald House. PayPal has a charity search function, so each chapter of The Ronald McDonald House pops up. I went through to find a chapter that spends its money well using places like Charity Navigator to take a look at their revenue and spending.

Thanks to everyone that contributed!

I also received a gift that will be posted very soon! Incredibly happy with the box I received!

HansderHund

Distinguished Member
Staff member
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
I haven't heard from anyone waiting to receive their gift, so should I assume that everyone has received something or at least been in touch with their partner? If not, please let me know so I can reach out to the person!

A HUGE thank you to @highvoltorb for such a thoughtful box! For starters, he got saddled with shipping to Europe during the pandemic. He went through my old posts and put together something incredibly thoughtful.

It's really remarkable how on-point everything is, so thank you for your attention to detail!

Gorgeous ties and pocket squares:

DSC_0197.jpeg

My first experience with "buckeyes": Delicious. Sorry, only one left to photograph!
DSC_0198.jpeg

Pine scented candle (right) and a Muse vinyl! Very cool! Not pictured: Delicious Chick-fil-A sauce that I'm rationing.

DSC_0200.jpeg

Thank you again, @highvoltorb!

dadjeans

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
A very special and heartfelt thank you goes out to @Thrift Vader. Despite being a stranger on the internet over 10,000km away, he put together a more thoughtful and generous set of gifts than I could possibly imagine. I hope you'll all forgive the lateness of the post. Vader sent the package well before Christmas but pandemic craziness meant it had to make its way across the Pacific by boat.

When he was putting the box of goodies together, Vader went to the trouble of following up with me a couple of times to make sure he included something special for each member of the family. There are five of us and that's no small task.

Clothing and accessories:
IMG_1689.JPG

• A minty Puma tracksuit for my absolute giant of an eldest daughter.
  • An elegant herringbone tweed coat with floral appliques and a first purse for my younger daughter.
  • An adorable warm hat for my son
  • And a Le Sportsac bag for momjeans!

Goodies:
IMG_1692.JPG

• A hand-written note,
  • hand cream for the wife
  • An assortment of Japanese candies which the kids think are just about the most amazing things ever (one bag is missing because my eldest already devoured the whole thing)
  • A balancing chairs game, A wooden building block puzzle set and a ridiculously detailed triceratops my youngest now sleeps with. Simple, low-tech toys that make family play-time fun.
  • A Sapporo :)slayer:) bottle opener and some good reading
  • 2x sapporo curry soup bases, wasabi paste, wasabi and soy sauce potato chips.
  • Not pictured: an Indiana Jones comic book for the eldest (all about hunting grails!) which has already found a home up in her room.
That's more than enough to make for an awesome gift box. But what else did he decide to go and do?

IMG_1697.JPG

A stone mint Seiko flightmaster chronograph watch. I don't think I've ever posted about my love for Seiko but somehow the man knew...

Thanks, Vader. You're a real gent for putting this all together!

Thrift Vader

Forum Mechanic
Reaction score
A very special and heartfelt thank you goes out to @Thrift Vader. Despite being a stranger on the internet over 10,000km away, he put together a more thoughtful and generous set of gifts than I could possibly imagine. I hope you'll all forgive the lateness of the post. Vader sent the package well before Christmas but pandemic craziness meant it had to make its way across the Pacific by boat.

When he was putting the box of goodies together, Vader went to the trouble of following up with me a couple of times to make sure he included something special for each member of the family. There are five of us and that's no small task.

Clothing and accessories:
View attachment 1554525
  • A minty Puma tracksuit for my absolute giant of an eldest daughter.
  • An elegant herringbone tweed coat with floral appliques and a first purse for my younger daughter.
  • An adorable warm hat for my son
  • And a Le Sportsac bag for momjeans!

Goodies:
View attachment 1554527
  • A hand-written note,
  • hand cream for the wife
  • An assortment of Japanese candies which the kids think are just about the most amazing things ever (one bag is missing because my eldest already devoured the whole thing)
  • A balancing chairs game, A wooden building block puzzle set and a ridiculously detailed triceratops my youngest now sleeps with. Simple, low-tech toys that make family play-time fun.
  • A Sapporo :)slayer:) bottle opener and some good reading
  • 2x sapporo curry soup bases, wasabi paste, wasabi and soy sauce potato chips.
  • Not pictured: an Indiana Jones comic book for the eldest (all about hunting grails!) which has already found a home up in her room.
That's more than enough to make for an awesome gift box. But what else did he decide to go and do?

View attachment 1554528
A stone mint Seiko flightmaster chronograph watch. I don't think I've ever posted about my love for Seiko but somehow the man knew...

Thanks, Vader. You're a real gent for putting this all together!
Just glad to be a part of it. enjoy,
Really, Enjoy.

Last edited:

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads