• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

3sixteen Denim Series, Bracelets, Shirts...

irbe

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by ajchen
Hey everyone - glad to hear everyone's interest on the line...here are some responses.

Duffel coat: It'll be shipping in September, and the retail price will be $440. It's a very detailed coat and is made in the USA. The hood will unbutton so you can have lots of options with the different looks.

Shawl collar: It's a cotton knit with a wooden toggle at the neck.

How heavy is the duffel coat? Is it lined?

ajchen

Reaction score
Richard Haines for 3sixteen. Richard Haines is a menswear designer and artist who runs a fascinating blog entitled “What I Saw Today,” a visual record of all the inspiring outfits he sees while roaming New York. Recently, he was employed by J.Crew to help launch their new Men’s Shop in Manhattan - his artwork was used in their storefront display and he was on site doing live sketches of customers. Several months ago, we commissioned Richard to help us with our FW09 campaign. We held a live sketch session with him and chose our favorite rendering to be used in a wheatpaste campaign covering lower Manhattan (as seen in our previous post). We brought on the talented Hilton Carter to document the session and also to capture a short interview with Richard, where he was able to talk about how his background and inspirations have influenced his illustration work. Here's a link to watch the video in HD: And here are some images of the poster wheatpasted around NYC:
wp_spring2.jpg
wp_freemans.jpg
wp_orchard.jpg
wp_allen.jpg
wp_richardhanesfor3sixteen.jpg

kiya

Brand Representative
Affiliate Vendor
Reaction score
3sixteen Nihon Menpu Black Selvedge Straight Leg Jean & Peanut Grizzly Chukka Boots

We've just received two solid releases from 3sixteen today, an amazing black selvedge jean and a great leather chukka deck boot.

The black selvedge jeans are produced with 14.5oz denim from Japan's small but well respected Nihon Menpu mill. Menpu got their start by producing looms in 1915 then went on to become a mill specializing in small batch made textiles. Today they produce denim for Kapital and 45RPM, and their looms have gone on to produce approximately seventy-five percent of Sugar Cane's denim. A great straight leg cut, a leather tag cut and tanned in Portland, and Nihon Menpu's black selvedge make up the SL-200x jean.

Also up is a pair of Peanut Grizzly Deck Chukka boots hand stitched in Maine. These are fully leather lined for comfort and come with solid brass eyelets. Super comfortable and will age beautifully over time, these are quite possibly the nicest deck shoes we've seen yet.

We've also got a full restock of the SL-100x Indigo Selvedge Straight Leg jean and the tan and black leather bracelets.

All the jean models, the Deck Chukka boots, and bracelets are now available at SESF, SENY, and our online store.

http://www.selfedge.com/shop/index.p...index&cPath=82

Also at SENY only we've received stock of the new 3sixteen duffle bags ($240) with toiletry kits & Waxed Canvas & Leather tote bags ($185). Both of these are made in America with great attention to detail for both the construction and fabrics used.

SL-200x Black Selvedge Straight Leg
3sixteen_black_01_web-733331.jpg

3sixteen_black_05_web-799501.jpg

3sixteen_black_06_web-799427.jpg

SL-100x Indigo Selvedge Straight Leg
3sixteen_straight_01_web-784055-713143.jpg

3sixteen_straight_07_web-709781-713122.jpg

Peanut Grizzly Deck Chukka Boot
peanut_front_1_01-743709.jpg

peanut_front_1_02-743637.jpg

Dual Strand Leather Bracelets
3sixteen_double_tan_black_01_web-772175-713423.jpg

Single Strand Leather Bracelets
3sixteen_single_tan_black_01_web-772120-713409.jpg

Waxed Canvas & Leather Tote Bags (SENY only)
tote_1-785818.jpg

tote_2-785741.jpg

Canvas & Leather Duffle Bags w/ Toiletry Bag & Toiletries by Dickson Hairshop (SENY only)
ls_wknd_1.jpg

ls_wknd_2.jpg

ls_wknd_3.jpg

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wow that looks nice. (vertical falling?)

theshin2007

Reaction score
Bought my first pair of sl-100x's and was wondering about how long the break in time is with everyday where. Im a true size 30 waist and the guy at SE (Gino) sized me down to a 28. Im just hoping that ill someday be able to get my into my pockets somewhat easily.

kixslf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
with everyday wear it shouldn't really be any time at all. The most obvious variable would be what you are doing while wearing them but I assume it should probably be in the neighborhood of 15-20 wears before they stretch out a bit and drape you more naturally.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Does the black coated denim look like leather pants? (really shiny?)

kixslf

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
nope not at all. As Johan broke it down the other day...

"Black sheen, to matte black, to indigo, to white."

the more washes, the bluer they get... it really is one of the most interesting jeans I have worn.

I hate the nudie sheeny type waxed denim and these are nothing like them.

Big Pun

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Originally Posted by kixslf
nope not at all. As Johan broke it down the other day... "Black sheen, to matte black, to indigo, to white." the more washes, the bluer they get... it really is one of the most interesting jeans I have worn. I hate the nudie sheeny type waxed denim and these are nothing like them.
I think I just found my next denim purchase.
smile.gif

reprehensible

Reaction score
You know, every time I look in this thread, I scroll past a lot of stuff and say, "hey, that stuff looks pretty cool", and then I see the shoes and think, "man, those are ugly."

premo

Reaction score
Hey Kiya, why not carry their seersucker shirts? I've seen them in store and they are nice.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads