• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

aquila49

Reaction score
RRL Cardigan Con 2021 meetup? We can be the flash mob of the cardigan world, where an unsuspecting business is suddenly inundated with men wearing near identical combinations of cardigan. They won't know what hit 'em

Knitapalooza? I'm picturing a procession of cardigan-wearers—similar to an antique car parade—walking down the center of Lombard Street, precisely six feet apart. Culminating in an awards ceremony: Oldest Cardigan, Worst Cardigan, Most Wrongly-Sized Cardigan, Most Obvious RRL Fake.

bwfilms

Reaction score
Knitapalooza? I'm picturing a procession of cardigan-wearers—similar to an antique car parade—walking down the center of Lombard Street, precisely six feet apart. Culminating in an awards ceremony: Oldest Cardigan, Worst Cardigan, Most Wrongly-Sized Cardigan, Most Obvious RRL Fake.

This puts a smile on my face, but what's with the emphasis on the negative ceremony? What about the Best Looking, Warmest, Most Comfortable cardigans?

hyunbin09

Reaction score
Wow production this season must be so limited with covid. The deck jacket is almost sold out with only an XL left. It’s a solid jacket for sure. Does someone here own it and recommend it?

Lotuspath

Reaction score
Wow production this season must be so limited with covid. The deck jacket is almost sold out with only an XL left. It’s a solid jacket for sure. Does someone here own it and recommend it?
Ahoy, I presume you’re talking about the Jungle Cloth Deck Jacket. I don‘t have this new one in blue, but I do own the 2017 gray N-1 jacket. The gray version and the blue are likely exactly the same (or as I like to say; “similar but different”). The gray jacket is pretty slim fitting and light weight. The real Naval N-1 deck jackets were obviously designed for warmth, but the RRL deck jacket will definitely NOT keep you very warm in cold winter weather. And since the jacket is slim (especially in the sleeves), it’s kind of a tight fit to layer a thick sweater underneath IMHO. Here is a previous thread from 2017 with images and discussion about the gray deck jacket provided by Aquila49.
Still, I really like the jungle cloth and the corduroy collar is great. Personally, I prefer the gray jacket over the blue. First, I already have a lot of blue indigo jackets. Second, the gray color fabric is also a bit more authentic looking and it has a unique multi-shade shimmery effect that you lose with the blue. The website describes the color detail as “tint washed for subtle color variations throughout”. It’s a very nice effect.
Note: I also feel that if you’re paying full price and are looking for warmth, then you might as well go ahead and get a real vintage khaki N-1 on eBay for those prices. Arrrgh!!
Forgive me if you already know this, but just because there is limited (or no) stock on the website doesn’t necessarily mean your size is already sold out. The deck jacket may still be available in stores. Any RRL store sales associate can do a nationwide inventory search on their store computer (but they‘ll need the item Style number) and tell you which store locations (if any) still have it in stock and then have it shipped to you. However, if you call the online customer service number, they will not be able to access that same store info.
BTW, most left over West Coast stock eventually gets shipped to either the NYC RRL flagship store on West B’Way or I have also heard of Malibu winter stock (for example) being shipped to the RRL Williamsburg Brooklyn stand alone store.

Full disclosure: I also live in B’klyn

Last edited:

mykii2704

Reaction score

They won't know what knit 'em!

Get it? Like hit them? but knit..because cardigans.

Anyway, how good are RRL cardigans anyway? Seriously, they look even better worn with piling, holes, and all the wear in the world rather than when new.

SLCRich

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Cardigan/jacket season by far my favorite

20201021_054404.jpg
20201021_054342.jpg

bwfilms

Reaction score
Cardigan/jacket season by far my favorite

View attachment 1481310 View attachment 1481312

That blue shade, and the pattern, look really good. Interesting metal buttons with the loops attached to the sweater. I had assumed that the metal buttons are riveted to the sweater like they are to jeans. The 2 blue cardigans currently on the site also have metal buttons, and they look like they're riveted to the sweaters. Anyone knows?

I'm wearing my sweater even though it's not really cool enough to require one. As long as I'm not sweating wearing it, I'm in. ?

1603317279626.png

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 85 37.3%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 87 38.2%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 24 10.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 36 15.8%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 36 15.8%

Forum statistics

Threads