• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • LuxeSwap Auctions will be ending soon!

LuxeSwap is the original consignor for Styleforum, and has weekly auctions that show the diversity of our community, with hundreds lof starting at $0.99 every week, ending starting at 5:30 Eastern Time. Please take the time to check them out here. You may find something that fits your wardrobe exactly

Good luck!

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

For sale thread?

shoefan

Reaction score
I have a beautiful, $2695 Brand New Luciano Barbera Collezione Sartoriale 100% cashmere sport coat up for sale on e-bay. It's an American size 42L, and it is really a beautiful piece. Â See the following link: NWT Luciano Barbera 100% Cash. Sportct 42 L I also have a handsome, $2775 Brand New Luciano Barbera Collezione Sartoriale 70% cashmere/30% cashmere sport coat in a size 50L. Â Its a very dark green/black twill and is really nice; I've not yet put it on e-bay, and I might sell it directly. Â If you're interested, let me know. Other things from my own wardrobe that I may be selling, as my wife says I need to reduce my closet space: Brand New $1250 Chester Barrie 70% Silk/30% Wool cream sportcoat 40Reg Brand new $1500 Belvest Gray and White Glen Plaid Suit with a gold overplaid, in 38Reg/32 Pants (similar to the SaintAndrews suit shown above, a bit lighter in color and thin gold, not red, overplaid). Â 2 button, unvented jacket. Â Made under the Bruno Piatelli label for Barney's a few years ago. Brand new 100% Linen, Black (or charcoal) Vestimenta suit in 38Reg/32, 3 button, unvented jacket. Brand new, $2900 SaintAndrews black 100% cashmere sport coat, 40Reg, 2 rear vents. Â Fabric has a subtle weave to it. Â Fairly broad shoulders, cut a bit larger than many 40Regs. Brand new Huntsman (Chester Barrie) Blue Double Breasted 40Reg suit, double vented. Â Pants are 34, have single forward pleats. All of the above have never been tailored. Â If you're interested, drop me a note and I can send a pic and discuss price.

bengal-stripe

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For those like me, who are not on broadband, may I suggest no pictures should be exceeding 2" x 3 ". A Harris, your pictures are beautiful and would make a lovely calendar, but they take forever and a day to download.

Nick M

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would say it's probably best to provide a link instead of posting a picture - if someone's interested, they can click. And, of course, now that this thread's up and running, I don't really have anything to sell... Â
biggrin.gif
No, wait, I've got a vintage Hermès necktie, serial number 836 EA. Message me if you're interested... And an Ermenegildo Zegna 6-on-2 double-breasted navy blazer, "Taglia 58, Stat L", which I assume is an American 48 Long - but I'll take measurements for you - in super 100s worsted wool. No pics yet, but soon...

matadorpoeta

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i have dsl, but a small screen, and i agree the pictures should be kept small. also, i think sizes should be given right away so we don't click on links just to find the item is the wrong size for us.

steve,
i do support the existence of this thread but i wonder if having this thread will keep some of the regular sellers from posting real opinions on other topics. someone who sells a lot might be unwilling to disagree with others or share an unpopular view. know what i mean?

VMan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
For Sale:

Ermenegildo Zegna Dress Shirt

-17.5" Collar, 34/35" sleeves...seems to fit more like a 17.

Actual Measurments:

-Chest - 48" (measured from just under arm pits and around the shirt)

-Shoulders - 21" (measured from shoulder seam to shoulder seam on the back)

Length - 33" (from under collar to bottom of shirt)
-
-Sleeves - 24" (from shoulder seam to end of sleeve, same as most other "34/35" dress shirts)

-Collar - 17.5" (around base of collar)

I purchased this shirt online but it did not fit me properly (true to measurments, however, just too big on me). It was sold to me as brand new without tags. It is in perfect condition and arrived with the plastic collar stay in place, no wear that I can see. However, since I did not receive it with tags, I am selling it as 'Used'. There are no rips, holes, or stains whatsoever. All buttons are intact, and a spare button is still attached. I am asking $40, but feel free to make me an offer. I attached two pictures; one general and one detailed one to show fabric design up close.

A Harris

Distinguished Member
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
For those like me, who are not on broadband, may I suggest no pictures should be exceeding 2" x 3 ". A Harris, your pictures are beautiful and would make a lovely calendar, but they take forever and a day to download.

Sorry about that. It made me think back to pre-broadband days and how annoying it was when sellers had big pictures. I resized them and will do so from now on for the forum. It is especially important for this thread as one sellers huge pics will slow down the whole page and affect everyone else's posts.

i have dsl, but a small screen, and i agree the pictures should be kept small. also, i think sizes should be given right away so we don't click on links just to find the item is the wrong size for us.

No problem - size is now listed.

i do support the existence of this thread but i wonder if having this thread will keep some of the regular sellers from posting real opinions on other topics. someone who sells a lot might be unwilling to disagree with others or share an unpopular view. know what i mean?

I can't speak for anyone else but I know that wouldn't be true in my case. I'm not expecting this thread to sell much for me. A few things perhaps but not a lot. The items are for sale anyway - I just thought it would be a great way to let the members see the best of the items that I offer without searching laboriously through ebay listings (which I know many will probably never do.)

shoefan

Reaction score
I forgot, I also have a new with tags, 100% cashmere RL Polo Purple Label sportcoat, 44Reg, from the new line made by SaintAndrews. Originally tagged at $2995. Its a grey and blue glen plaid. Gorgeous jacket for the fall and winter. Contact me for price and pics; will probably go onto e-bay at the end of the week if I don't sell it before then.

Sartoria

Reaction score
I still have some Loro Piana Cashmere coats and other beautiful garments from Brioni, etc. I also lited a few shearling coats from La Matta. Enjoy : Sartoriale

Steve B.

Go Spurs Go
Reaction score
In its proper place to keep everyone from re-posting...

BTW everyone has played rather nice to date. I'm impressed, and certainly not surprised.

FCS

Reaction score
Greetings,

I'm looking for my first high-end suit here. Actually I'd prefer just the jacket if that's possible, so in case that you'd like to keep the pants that would be ideal.

I usually go with 42R but some S would do as my height is 170 cm. My preference are 3 button, solid colour suits (smooth, gloss finish without texture would be ideal).

Thank you very much for reading this and look forward to speak to some sellers.

Ferry

Featured Sponsor

Do You Have a Signature Fragrance?

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance I wear every day

• Yes, I have a signature fragrance but I don't wear it daily

• No, I have several fragrances and rotate through them

• I don't wear fragrance

Results are only viewable after voting.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member