• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

The Most Stylish Winter Jackets?

2sweet

Reaction score
What are your nominees on the most stylish winter jackets? I am especially interested in coats that can keep me warm in temperatures as low as 10 degrees farhenheit.

I like:

1. Eddie Bauer's fitted goose down jacket

2. Land's End fitted down vest.

Other candidates? I am especially interested in coats that are under $150.

BrettChaotix

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Wing + Horns, made by Canadians so you know it can handle the cold! Seriously, I've got a heavy W+H blazer and a hoodie, they are super-warm and soft! You'll probably have to break your $150 mark though.

I saw a really cool Julian Red wool shawl-trench in gray on SuFu, I think he wanted $200 for it and it looked well worth it.

2sweet

Reaction score
Yeah, absolutely, if it's quality natural fibers we're talking about, I am flexible on price. If we're talking about wool blend or polyester, fugedaboutit, I want the best price possible!

gamelan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
it's hard to top a classic peacoat. properly layered, you should stay warm at 10F.

-Jeff

stickonatree

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
i think a duffle coat is also very stylish. on top of that, not many people wear them.

Pangolin

Reaction score
I wear a Spiewak peacoat, it keeps me really warm in the Minnesota winter and cost me just under 150 dollars.

2sweet

Reaction score
Oh man, a parka is starting to sound REALLY good right now. I'm especially looking for one that's fitted and lightweight. Most of the dudes around here wear them extremely oversized, one two three sizes too large, swimmin' in it. I figure it'll be more stylish as well as warmer if it's fitted.

I'm dealing mainly with mail order. No Uniqlo or H&M 'round these parts.

ghulkhan

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
my junya moncler collab hooded down jacket

2sweet

Reaction score
That jacket is looking bad ass according to my internet search. Can I get this online?
What price?
Originally Posted by ghulkhan
my junya moncler collab hooded down jacket

Superb0bo

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
next winter Im getting a Filson mackinaw coat. Really good looking, practical and supposedly very warm.

xchen

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I agree with SuperBobo. The Filson Mackinaw Cruzers are very nice looking. I'd like one of those as well as one of the waxed cotten field jackets. However, those are probably not going to be this year as I'll be getting the Wested Indy jacket.

Ludeykrus

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
I would also go with the classic peacoat, and I had a hardon for duffle coats earlier this fall.

Bobo, I had never seen a Filson's Mackinaw until I read your post. I checked on them and they appear to be a heavy wool jacket in a very nice 'outdoorsman' cut. I'd definitely check them out if they were a bit cheaper. How low do they hang? It appears they may be a hair short for my taste in a heavy coat.

BYucko

Reaction score
Originally Posted by 2sweet
Oh man, a parka is starting to sound REALLY good right now. I'm especially looking for one that's fitted and lightweight. Most of the dudes around here wear them extremely oversized, one two three sizes too large, swimmin' in it. I figure it'll be more stylish as well as warmer if it's fitted.

I'm dealing mainly with mail order. No Uniqlo or H&M 'round these parts.

Yes, most dudes wear them oversized like hell. You might want to watch it when you think about wearing a parka that's a little on the slim side, though. I have a lot of friends not into fashion persecuting me like hell for wearing my slim bomber/parka. Mad compliments when I wear oversized, baggy clothing two sizes too big, though... (I was putting my friend's jacket on in class because it was cold!)
mwink[1].gif

I personally think it [slim parka] looks nice. Just be ready for the comments.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 55 35.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 60 38.7%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 17 11.0%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 27 17.4%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 28 18.1%

Forum statistics

Threads