• Hi, I am the owner and main administrator of Styleforum. If you find the forum useful and fun, please help support it by buying through the posted links on the forum. Our main, very popular sales thread, where the latest and best sales are listed, are posted HERE

Purchases made through some of our links earns a commission for the forum and allows us to do the work of maintaining and improving it. Finally, thanks for being a part of this community. We realize that there are many choices today on the internet, and we have all of you to thank for making Styleforum the foremost destination for discussions of menswear.
  • This site contains affiliate links for which Styleforum may be compensated.
  • We would like to welcome House of Huntington as an official Affiliate Vendor. Shop past season Drake's, Nigel Cabourn, Private White V.C. and other menswear luxury brands at exceptional prices below retail. Please visit the Houise of Huntington thread and welcome them to the forum.

• STYLE. COMMUNITY. GREAT CLOTHING.

Bored of counting likes on social networks? At Styleforum, you’ll find rousing discussions that go beyond strings of emojis.

Click Here to join Styleforum's thousands of style enthusiasts today!

Styleforum is supported in part by commission earning affiliate links sitewide. Please support us by using them. You may learn more here.

Kent Wang in NYC, 27 Sept - 1 Oct

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I will be in New York City from 27 September to 1 October. Is there any interest in me bringing some of my wares so that you may see them in person? I would probably be free to meet for lunch or happy hour on one or several of these days. Even if you're not interested in purchasing my goods, I would still be interested in making the acquaintance of various esteemed forum members. The primary purpose of my visit is to attend a concert on the night of Saturday, 29 September, so I will not be available around this time. My secondary goal is to visit the major cocktail meccas, Pegu Club, Flatiron Lounge, Milk & Honey, Death & Co., etc. I will also be meeting friends at various times so I will have to schedule appointments.

zarathustra

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Flatiron Lounge is a cocktail Mecca? I now feel much better about my drinking habits.

romafan

Stylish Dinosaur
Reaction score
What concert?

p.s. Hey, new Sharon Jones record out soon! Did you know the Dap Kings were backing that crazy Amy Winehouse?

Manton

RINO
Reaction score
I'd like to see the squares, and incidentally try to wean you off your strange love of the ChiComs.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Kent, I'll be there in spirit. Let me know if Tip Top Fabric has any of the patterns we talked about -- Charvet sadly has very few "chat" motifs, although I can ask what they have in back...

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I will post more information about my schedule soon. I will most likely be available for lunch and happy hour on Thursday, Friday and Monday.
Originally Posted by romafan
What concert? p.s. Hey, new Sharon Jones record out soon! Did you know the Dap Kings were backing that crazy Amy Winehouse?
Avant garde electronic music, Artifakt from South Africa. Yes, I saw Amy Winehouse at SXSW this year backed by the Dap-Kings. What a grotesque woman. Hopefully Sharon Jones will gain more popularity after her demise.
Originally Posted by edmorel
Kent, I feel uncomfortable meeting anyone from the forum and I think it is best if we keep our relationship long distance for now.
And yet you met Conne. I see now where your priorities lie.
Originally Posted by RJman
Kent, I'll be there in spirit. Let me know if Tip Top Fabric has any of the patterns we talked about -- Charvet sadly has very few "chat" motifs, although I can ask what they have in back...
Chairman Meow says hello -- and also denounces your support of bourgeois institutions such as Charvet. She would also like to remind you that religion is the catnip of the masses.

RJman

Posse Member
Dubiously Honored
Spamminator Moderator
Reaction score
Originally Posted by Kent Wang
Chairman Meow says hello -- and also denounces your support of bourgeois institutions such as Charvet. She would also like to remind you that religion is the catnip of the masses.

And hello to the Chairman. As about 50% of cats are congenitally indifferent to catnip, I don't know if can be the opiate you wish to insert in your analogy. Remind her that if it weren't for orders from bourgeois like me, your economy would collapse. Otherwise no food in her Little Red Bowl.

mack11211

Distinguished Member
Reaction score

EL72

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to plug Kent's great service. I had a casual Zegna cotton/linen shirt that I really liked that was damaged beyond repair while in a suitcase by an airline. It was ripped at the sleevehead and I showed it to several tailors and even considered making a sleeveless shirt since I liked it so much but I held on to it for 2+ years because I just couldn't throw it away.

I sent Kent the shirt a few weeks ago and he made me a great pocket square with the fabric (cream with tan checks outlined in orange; I'll try to post a pic later) so that one of my favorite shirts now lives on as a square. Great service all around. Thanks Kent!
worship.gif

sho'nuff

grrrrrrrr!!
Reaction score
Originally Posted by EL72
Just wanted to plug Kent's great service. I had a casual Zegna cotton/linen shirt that I really liked that was damaged beyond repair while in a suitcase by an airline. It was ripped at the sleevehead and I showed it to several tailors and even considered making a sleeveless shirt since I liked it so much but I held on to it for 2+ years because I just couldn't throw it away.

I sent Kent the shirt a few weeks ago and he made me a great pocket square with the fabric (cream with tan checks outlined in orange; I'll try to post a pic later) so that one of my favorite shirts now lives on as a square. Great service all around. Thanks Kent!
worship.gif

this is such a sweet story. brings a tear to my eye.
it is like one of those love stories where the woman who had a heart defect got a transplant of her husband's heart after he died in a car accident.
so he goes on living inside of her. :weep:

..i would love to meet Kent Wang too. but alas, i can only be there in spirit as well. hope you have a great stay.

Kent Wang

Affiliate Vendor
Affiliate Vendor
Dubiously Honored
Reaction score
I would also be interested in meeting Streetwear peeps, not just geezers -- er, gents, chaps -- from the main forum.

dah328

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
We have an agreement -- the geezers get NYC and the streetwear peeps get LA.

Souper

Distinguished Member
Reaction score
From the streetwear side of things, I always imagine a SW+D real life meetup to be a bunch of guys wearing plaid or jackets/hoodies with epaulets checking out each other's asses trying to identify pairs of jeans, or staring at each other's crotches to admire "awesome fades!"

for the mentioned spots above, I always get the impression that death+co and milk and honey are much cooler than the former 2. as to hill country, I'm heading there soon but recall it is double the price of NY's other bbq contenders.

Featured Sponsor

How important is full vs half canvas to you for heavier sport jackets?

• Definitely full canvas only

Votes: 45 40.5%
  • Half canvas is fine

Votes: 44 39.6%
  • Really don't care

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Depends on fabric

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Depends on price

Votes: 25 22.5%

Forum statistics

Threads